Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actions that can or cannot be done with espocrm

Greetings
    This time I come to you for help, about the things that I can and can't do with the espocrm software, as they are requesting this from me in order to implement it. I have already searched and carried out some actions but I feel that there are still things that I have not noticed, that is why I ask for the help of you who have already used it for some time, I currently have the basic version, I have already configured the cron, apart from this, are there any other important settings i need to do? I will greatly appreciate your help please.

Hello, difficult to tell in generalized form. Why don`t you put your requests here, then we could answer, waht is possible.

Comment

First of all I need you to notify me that you create, to do it by mail, I want to make an administrator person, but not an administrator in the sense that he is in charge of system configurations, if not that this person receives a notification by mail of everything that happens so that she is in charge of deciding who to assign.

It is possible to do that when a notification is sent by mail of some assignment put all the data, for example of the contact, in the mail, without having to go to the crm?

How customizable is it if I have the basic version?

How do I make it so that both meetings and calls inform the attendees by mail and not only the assigned user of the creation, without the need to put a reminder?

Consume a lot of resources?

What are the main settings that I should make?

Currently I have the cron configured, I made some mandatory fields, I added the field of attachments to cases, references, opportunities, contacts, change the interface, configure the smtp in administration> emails> outgoing emails, I have created roles, but I have not managed to make this user have access to everything. I received a notification by mail of everything that is created even if it does not create it, and if it has this option activated in its preferences.

In addition to this, any other recommendations that you suggest to me to make in the system? My company is dedicated to doing repair services, so we take up the case and account modules a lot, so it is very useful that this person is notified of all the records that are created so that he can decide who to send to. do the service.

​​​​​​​
      I can't find the workflow option in the administration, I have the basic version. I will greatly appreciate any collaboration.

Comment

The answers from my knowledge. Perhaps might be even more answers, just wait a little, here are lot of helpful people.

1. You can achieve this with roles. There you can configure, what a certain user may do or not. This goes as far as up to field restrictions or permissions.
        2. I guess you certainly can do that by creating email-Templates.
        3. I would say, espoCRM is so much customizable, that you never will suffer lack of possibilities. Without the extensions, some procedures are not possible out of the box (workflow for instance). You have to see, what you need in the end. I am working more than one year with espoCRM not using it as a CRM, but to develop my own application. It is sometimes a miracle, what is possible with it. Once you get used to it and understand how it works, you have lots of possibilities.
        In the free, basic version, everything the script has, is customizable. All functions available.
        4. The users, who want to receive notifications may assign to the respective entities, what also an admin can do actively.
        5. This depends on what you will do with it. If you have a lot of data to upload (like images or alike), it may grow quite big. But if not, it is very well programmed and will not get your server down fast, if at all. espoCRM even runs on shared hosting. I run my system, that because of many stored images has a weight of around 5 GB, on shared hosting without any problem.
        6. This question is difficult to answer remotely. There are some places, where you have to tweak the permissions.
        7. I don`t have recommendations for that especifically. You will have to dig into the system for a while, trying to get your ideas to realize, look for help here in the forum. So far I got nearly everything answered. You will need a bit of time, because espoCRM is really equipped overwhelmingly. But once you get into it, it is really fun, because so much is possible. And I am not a programmer.
        8. Workflow is not part of the free version.

Comment

• luc
          luc commented
          Editing a comment
          It means that if I enter many documents it is possible that it will saturate quickly? I have 3gb available.
          Since on many occasions it will be necessary to upload cases with images and attached documents.

Around how many images does it have to have occupied the 5 gb?

Remotely, what permissions do you have to modify?
      Working...
      X