Populate auto increment number to existing records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Populate auto increment number to existing records

I have already running business on Espo and now I decided to add auto increment number as a reference. Is there something like update function on autoincrement or I have to workaround it by workflow formula on all records?

I tested this just now in the Demo. Create your auto incerement field. Add it to mass update. Go to your entity-> list view, select all records and do the mass update upon the auto increment field. Voila.
    The only thing I saw in the Demo was, that it counted backwards, means, that the first record in the list had the highest number. But it should be possible to solve that.

Comment

That an interesting method shalmaxb, thinking of your issue, maybe sorting it in reverse (ascending/decending) might solve that numbering issue.

Personally for me I would use Export > use excel and choose my starting number; click and drag the rest of the numbers > Import (using unique field as 'update') the auto-number.
      Of course that was before I know about shalmaxb trick, I might do this for future one.
      Last edited by espcrm; 12-14-2023, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Thank you.. Just remark, it works only on Auto-increment field, I cannot manage to working on Number (auto-increment) type. Anyway your advice helped me very much.

Comment

Working...
        X