Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email Notification upon task Not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Notification upon task Not working!

Hi, This question asked several times here, but none of them are helping me finding solution.

I have setup crone, all folders are having proper permissions, "Receive Email Notifications upon Assignment" is checked in user profile but I only get in-app notification for task assignments. And only receive email notification for meeting invitation or access info change but not for any task assignments.

Even if cron job is setup I keep getting an error message on top right of my administration page. ("Scheduled jobs are not running.....Please follow the instructions to setup cron job.").

Anybody has any idea whats missing?

Hi there,
    Please open Administration -> Notifications -> Check:
    1. Check the 'Notifications upon assignment' box.
    2. Add the Task entity to the "Stream email notifications scopes" parameter.

Comment

Originally posted by darshit View Post
      "Scheduled jobs are not running
      Unlike Maximus, I think this is where you error is truly located. Can you see Administration > Jobs

Post screenshot of that, any "Success" or "Pending"? record. I have feeling you may have not done your CRON correctly even though you say you did.

Also see your data/logs folder too, see if there any timeout issue or missing file, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        Hi there,
        Please open Administration -> Notifications -> Check:
        1. Check the 'Notifications upon assignment' box.
        2. Add the Task entity to the "Stream email notifications scopes" parameter.
        Yes it is ticked and Task entities added in parameter.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post

Unlike Maximus, I think this is where you error is truly located. Can you see Administration > Jobs

Post screenshot of that, any "Success" or "Pending"? record. I have feeling you may have not done your CRON correctly even though you say you did.

Also see your data/logs folder too, see if there any timeout issue or missing file, etc
          Please see screenshot of my crontab, and I got "Pending" record in jobs. Also I get 403 forbidden error message in data/logs like below

[

[2021-03-17 05:10:34] ERROR: (403) No read access for User.; GET /User; line: 126, file: /home3/xyz/public_html/crm/application/Espo/Core/Controllers/Record.php [] []
          Attached Files
          Last edited by darshit; 03-20-2021, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hello.
            1. In my own opinion, the CRON configuration looks good.
            2. 403 error means that some user tried to get access to a record he cannot view due to its Role.
            3. There is one more thing about the system logic you should know. The system creates an internal notification and creates a job to send an email notification. The system won't send email notification if the target user has had read the internal notification before the system sent this email notification to the user.

Comment

Working...
            X