Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar permissions and filtering issues

Hey folks,

i am new to espo as my colleagues are also. Now we have this ESPO installation and wie are organized in teams.

1. If i create an appointment for one of my teams (not direktly attached to a user) the appointment is not shown in my team collegues personal calendar. And there is no hint to them that there is a appointment. Is it possible to change this behavior?

2. We use a German frontend so im not sure how the english version is called. In German it calls "Gemeinsame Ansicht" which is something like common view

Lets say we have Team A, B and C

I say generate a commen view for team A. Now i the my appointments (created by me or attached directly to me) an i the the appointments of team A. So far so good. But now it happend that i see also appointments for Team B where also a subset of people of team a are in. In my understanding that should not happend.

In the meetings tab is nearly the same .. i will List only meetings which are for Team A but it is not possible at all.

Maybe we have some trouble with rights or i understand something wrong. Is there any resource were i can read about appontments?

thanks for your time

Hello,
    1. You need to put the 'Team' level permission in the Team's Role for the event type entity (e.g. Meeting) so the Team's member can see this event in the Calendar. BTW, an event record should be assigned to the desired Team.
    2. In the English version it's called 'Shared View' for Calendar. Please read about it here https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/...hared-calendar.

Comment

Hi Maximus,

thank you for the fat reply.

I read the link you provided. Do i undertand it right that it is not possible to filter meetings for a single team?

Because for me its not 100% important if a team member of my team has an appointment. But its intressting if my Team have a meeting... Or can i see the teammeeting after change the Permission as you intendet in 1. ?

best regards

fexxes.

Comment

For example, if you set permission in Role to 'Read' the Meeting entity for 'Team' and assign some Meeting entry to a Team, a User granted with this role will be able to view and Read this Meeting entry in the Meeting entity.

But, Calendar shows to each user only records this user is assigned to. So if this user needs to view all the team's events on his Calendar view, he needs to create a shared view with the team that assigned to desired events.
        I provided the link on the Shared View documentation in my previous post.

Comment

Hi Maximus,

thank you for your answer.

Yes you provide a link of the „documentation“. Sorry that i had questions to this four lines.

So the Shared view do not support the view on Team meetings. It provide an overview of meetings of people which share teams with me. So if i „create“ a shared view for Team A i see also my personal Meetings and all meetings of people which share team A with me, The problem is i do not see only Team A meetings but also Team B,C,D if i am also in this teams.

So to be clear..... Espo has no possibility to filter only meetings for Team A.

The Problem was not that i dont see the meetings.. the problem was that i can see to much. Based on my configuration of the Shared view. But you told me that this is not a bug its a Feature. Good to know.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Hi,

ok i found a mistake on my site. If i search under Meetings for a single group i can find them. But in the Calender its still not possible.

Comment

Hi fexxes, sorry for the delayed reply.
              So now you created a shared view with only one team. But the problem is you don't see the events of this Team on the Calendar view? Am I right?
              Please make sure the events you are talking about are genuinely linked to the 'Shared View' team.

Could you provide the screenshots with your shared view configs, and shared Calendar view to see what you see.

Comment

Working...
              X