Unrouteable address - campaigns - Mass E-mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrouteable address - campaigns - Mass E-mails

Hi, this might be a general error, but hoping to get a lead in the right direction for troubleshouting. We did our first little larger (300-500) mass-mail, but it went not as expected. We did one before <60, no errors at that time.

What worked:
    - tacking url
    - test messages
    - send/ opened / clicked / opted out
    those are all very nice

Problems:
    - statistics send stopped at 200 (target list is larger)
    - got errors back at send mails

biggest amount, major error:

Error return:
    Reporting-MTA:
    dns; vps.ourdomain.com
    Action: failed Final-Recipient: rfc822; receiver@domain.com

while we are sure that recipient exists.

Other (minor) error we found was:
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 alph735 DNSBL:RBL 521< xxx.our.ip.xxx >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I checked:

DNS and Network troubleshooting and diagnostic tools integrated into one sweet interface.

and it is not blacklisted. It would surprise me, as I can't imagine that less then 500 mails would get an IP blocked, at a dedicated VPS ip number (not shared).

We thought to avoid these errors, the mail send is max 100 per two hours.

Now it stopped after 2 runs, we need to figure out:
    A- why did the CRM stopped at 200 mails
    B- how to figure out which addresses are not send that are in the target list
    C- is there an easy way to cross error 5.0.0. with mails send (so we know which ones to send again)
    D- solve the 5.0.0. error

B) I figured out. Campaign -> view mails send -> new target list. Use Contacts, filter on target lists. Create export with beginning target list and create export with new-send-target list. Cross check in Excel with vlookup. And a 'missing' list can be created.

Comment

B) Smarter way: mass -email -> Queue items -> failed. (now only need to figure out why they failed)

Comment

Maybe this error has something to do with it:

[2020-12-22 20:15:13] Espo.NOTICE: E_NOTICE: fwrite(): send of 6 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe {"code":8,"message":"fwrite(): send of 6 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe","file":"/home/admin/domains/OUR.DOMAIN.COM/public_html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Protocol/AbstractProtocol.php","line":260,"context":{"reque st":"RSET"}} [] [2020-12-22 20:15:13] Espo.ERROR: MassEmail#sendQueueItem: [500] Could not read from localhost [] []

Comment

And this one:
          [2020-12-22 20:15:05] Espo.ERROR: MassEmail#sendQueueItem: [500] User account mail@OUR.DOMAIN has sent too many emails [] []

Comment

Hello,
            all email provider have limit send email !
            you must check this at your provider.. x mail/seconde .. x mail/hours.. x mail/day

see sample : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-077f3267698d

i think espocrm have this setting..

Comment

It is a VPS, so it should not be limited as mail server. Or at least not in these amounts. I guess 1000 or 2000 should be no problem.

Comment

Really can't help; only want to say that you are right, I believe you should be right in that your VPS might not limited it, HOWEVER there might be some in your VPS software that have a limitation on it. Perhaps finding where these "spam filter" or "email protection" setting is store will allow you to bypass it.

Unfortunately my keyword search not giving much more information either. I tried searching for VPS, email and zendframework

Comment

Hello,
                  just to know :
                  vps is from a provider ...
                  provider have i IP (range)

if you rent VPS from provider, your VPS use IP from provider..

so provider must follow restriction..else all IP from provider is banned !

it's all... it's why you have mailchimp extention.. or you need "faire attention"

Yes, all email are "limited by secondes/hours/day" .. it's in your log !
                  Last edited by item; 01-07-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by item View Post
                    Yes, all email are "limited by secondes/hours/day" .. it's in your log !
                    but is it a setting somewhere in Espo?

Comment

What item is saying is: EspoCRM doesn't control mass emailing restriction that is decided by your VPS' server. You have to find that setting or information in your installation or talk to your server's support.

However, there is one setting to you can use to reduce this risk by reducing the number of email get send out per hour in
                      Setting > Outbound email
                      or you can use the URL: /#Admin/outboundEmails

"Max number of emails sent per hour"

Thinking about mass email, I think it best to send these campaign out out of office hours, that way you don't clash with your business email.

Comment

Thank you all!
                        Contacted the VPS. There is no limit on the VPS itself, but DirectAdmin had a user-limit at 200. That explains. I consider this solved

Comment

Working...
                        X