Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sync EspoCRM with Office365, especially with SMTP

Hi everyone,

basically, I know this is not the first question about configuration EspoCRM with Office365, but I couldn't find any solution which can be helpful.

All I found is a very brief description without any help. I know there is an Outlook extension but I just want to sync e-mails, no calendar, etc., so I can follow up my B2B communication with my customers and exactly what did I sent to my customers in emails, in which period and without filtering or searching. I want to connect leads, customers, tasks, sent and received emails for every customer individually in one place.

So, my problem is with SMTP or Outgoing email server for Office365. I am sure that I configurated SMTP correctly but every time when I try to test the SMTP connection I got Error 500. My IMAP connection works great but SMTP no way!

When I look in espo-2020-12-17.log file there is

[2020-12-17 10:35:05] Espo.ERROR: Email sending error. Could not open socket: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.office365.com:587 (Network is unreachable)

[2020-12-17 10:35:05] Espo.WARNING: Email sending:Email sending error.; 500

Please, is there any solution how to fix that problem? I will appreciate any kind of help.
    Thank you in advance.

Dom

Hi,
    Please provide a screenshot with your SMTP configs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Hi,
      Please provide a screenshot with your SMTP configs.

Hi Maximus,
      thank you very much for your fast reply.
      Here is a screenshot of my SMTP configs. This is for my personal e-mail...

p.s. I changed my email in photoshop...

Comment

Hi Doma,

Welcome to EspoCRM (PS: I'm not a staff member).

Anyway there is quite a few people that have similar issue to you; I can sum it up as "2FA" (2 factor authentication; e.g login using SMS code or email code, etc).

Refer to: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/exte...n-mail-connect
        If you already have 2FA disable or whitelist somehow, maybe Post #4 will help.

Other thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/exte...login-password

---

After you manage to get your email working, have a look at this, you might find something useful when you decide to customize your CRM.
        https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki

Comment

Microsoft blockes unknown IP´s

had the same problem. Sending was possible, but didn´t receive any mail. Microsoft seems to block IP´s they do not know.
          First my settings:
          IMAP outlook.office365.com, port 993, SSL, user your e-mail adress
          SMTP smtp.office365.com, port 587, SSL, user your e-mail adress
          outlook.
          1. You have to go to https://mysignins.microsoft.com (see below)
          2. There are listed all logins from different devices you did. If there is one Microsoft judges as insecure, this IP is blocked and you cannot receive e-mails, but strange, send them. Declare the login attempt was ok und you will get instantly e-mails in your account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	000MICROSOFT.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	65665

Comment

Hi everyone, thank you very much for your comments and for trying to solve this problem with your advice!

I tried everything, really I tried everything, all your advice, also my office 365 does not have 2-factor authentication, I lost my 10 days to find the solution and how to solve this problem but without succeeding... I am disappointed but, I still think that EspoCRM is one of the easiest and logical CRM that I ever tried to use. Also, there is a lot of space for expansion and advancement.

Also, this is for the owner of EsposCRM, the extensions are a little bit expensive. I believe earning is much better if you sell 1000 extensions for approx 50-100€/per extension than 100 extensions per 240E€, that just my point of view!

If someone finds some solution, please be free to contact me. Thank you in advance and I wish you all the best.

Best regards,
            Doma

Comment

hi Doma ,

I have went through the thread, were you able to successfully test smtp from Administration -> Outbound Emails ?

Let me know.
              Cheers!
              Nishan.

Comment

Hi everyone,

first of all, I wish you all the best in 2021. year.
                No, I didn't succeed with the SMTP test. I still have the same problem, same error and I am starting to be a little bit frustrated ...

Comment

Hi everyone,

finally, I found the problem and made it work, of course, thanks to technical support staff from my hosting company.

On the hosting, there is a local DNS that I did not direct to remote routing and we added permission for the remote SMTP user in the firewall on the server.

I hope this maybe help someone who hade the same problem.

Regards,
                  Doma

Comment

• espcrm
                    espcrm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did they also teach you how you can do it yourself or it is only accessible by the admin/server provider?

• Doma
                    Doma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately, it's only accessible by the admin/server provider in my case, it's a shared hosting account... But, if you have WHM or some other access to the server I believe you can do it yourself. Regards, Doma

Hi everybody
                  This article explains the issue and how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                  X