A question from a new user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question from a new user

First of all, congrats on the awesome software. I'm very impressed at the capabilities out of the box, and already purchased the sales extension. I do have a few questions though that I'm hoping the community can help me with. The first one is this:

I would somehow like to use Espo to track salesperson commissions. Is that possible somehow? The way we're set up, a lead / quote / project MAY belong to a salesperson, and their commission on that quote is variable. Example, Job A may be a $5,000 commission and job B may be $10,000. Is there some way to track all of these commissions per salesperson in a meaningful way? I plan to purchase the reports extension in the future and would like to be able to report on these data.

Hello,

you can create a field for the commission in the object you need it - project or opportunity of whereever you need it.

But better should be a new entity and a relation to opportunity...

Take a look at Entity Manager

Alex

Comment

Hello,
      with google translate, i can say :
      Advanced Pack is a must have, not only for Report, but for BPM, for Workflows.. it's a crazy extension !
      On report, you have 2 kind of report : LIST and GRID.
      LIST : you put some field from a entity .. some criteria.. and you have the report
      GRID : you have max 2 grouped field to put,.. sample in you case : Group JobName by User .. then you can make SUM of field in entity.
      Another Grid sample : goup by salePerson, sum commission.

What is incredible too, it's you can send report result by mail each week by sample.. to user.

AdvancedPack is to buy directly .. the possibility of this extension is "great like univers!" !
      Last edited by item; 12-05-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I leave it up to the more expert to answer this question. As far as I'm aware Opportunity will allocate money acquire as a whole, but I'm not sure if it can be filtered down to as an individual or group.

Comment

I think you should count commission to a specific record and save in subentity. After that you can still work on these information in reports.

Comment

Originally posted by emillod View Post
            I think you should count commission to a specific record and save in subentity. After that you can still work on these information in reports.
            Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying I should add a new field to our "Project" entity and track the commission amount there?

Comment

I think it could be problematic in the future to count everything in the fly. I think that better approach will be to create new field in type "currency" and then create a hook or workflow in AdvancedPack which will count commission and enter that commission in the field for example after project will be closed.

We have something similar, because we're settling every single task based on client hourly rate. After we finish our job, worker changing status to "completed" and our hook fetching amount of time which we've spent on that specific task, after that our hook is changing time to price based on simple claculations. At the end everything is in field "amount", even with specific currency of that client, because we're working on 3 currencies, USD, EURO and our local - PLN.

I think it's pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
              X