Export as xml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export as xml

Is there any possibility to export record to xml?
    Another question is, how can I include the image url in export?

Hello,
    out-of-box : no

i use https://packagist.org/packages/digitick/sepa-xml for make SEPA XML File for Bank

it's easy to "develop" a service who export record as XML.

Comment

I have been struggling the last days to succeed in getting the images in a record exported. I know about the configuration, that the link to the images will not be accessible from outside espoCRM.
      What I do not understand is, where the Excel export takes the images from. When I export to Excel, I get a quite impressive table with all the content. That means, the Excel file includes at some point the images. Why is it though not possible to import the images when necessary?
      I tried a lot of file conversions to make an import (in my case into Wordpress) possible, without success so far.

Has anybody any idea?

Comment

Hello,
        i respond with google translate
        when you export, you are authenticate..
        if you will a integration with wordpress.. you need to create a API user in EspoCRM.
        Don't know how work with image.. but here are developer who can do for you. (not me!)
        Maybe a developper have do a "extension" with wordpress?

EspoCRM work as it must be.. no access to X without authentification

For me .. not complicate work ..not expansive extension

Regards

Comment

I found a solution for my purpose and perhaps this could be interesting to anyone, who is not a developer, as me. My aim was to use some of the information from my custom entity, including an image to automatically update an associated Wordpress site. I found a Wordpress plugin to import Excel or CSV data, that immediately worked with the normal content fields like text, enum and alike. But it did not work with the mere image ID. I would need the complete URL of the image. I achieved that by implementing two fields in the custom entity:

1. a text field with the first part of the image url, like: https://myespocrm.com//?entryPoint=image&id= as default, so that this URL part will be available for all records.
          2. an URL field, where I concatenate the previous text field with the URL part with the image ID, to get a complete URL for the respective image

These two fields do not appear in the detail view, because they do not have any other purpose as to be exported.

The result field makes part in the export and can be imported to Wordpress together with the other fields that I need. This solution works and I hope it does not create security issues.

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool shalmaxb.

My curiosity is in relation to your Wordpress & plugin though, at the end of the day, with this solution you post, all you are importing is the Image URL? Or did you manage to find a way that your Wordpress website also import the full image?

• shalmaxb
            shalmaxb commented
            Editing a comment
            I import the image url, because I do not want the image be stored twice (once in espoCRM and once in WP). The only thing is, that until now I have to be logged in into espoCRM to see the image. I did not perceive that in my development server, because, there I am logged in nearly all the time. So, if not logged in, Wordpress does not have access to the image (as default in espoCRM).
            I don`t think, with the default configuration it will not be possible to post the image itself, perhaps with a workaround, I don`t know yet. The protected upload folder of espoCRM is a bit of a problem, because it needs authentication.
            I am trying to place the image folder outside of espoCRM, but so far I did not succeed. There are still some problems to solve and I already posted respective questions in other threads.
        Working...
        X