Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom case number using formulas, workflows or BPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom case number using formulas, workflows or BPM?

Hi EspoCRM Team,

We work with another support company that have their own case numbers (example case number: ABCD) while we use the case numbers assigned by EspoCRM (example case number: 1234).

It's a bit messy working with their case number consecutive and our own case number consecutive. So, we would like to use THEIR case number consecutive.

Each time they send a support email, they set the subject with their case number (example subject: ABCD). We would like to use that subject to set our case number. That way, both companies have the same case number for each case.

We have used formulas and BPM to test this and our case number changes perfect. However, after some seconds, the case number changes again to EspoCRM's consecutive case number.

Code:
    number=inboundEmailName;
    Is there any way to set a custom case number?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Hello,
    just checked, case.number is a INT in database.. so String can't go to INT
    maybe create a new field varchar : numberName .. so set it .. and use-it in your "integration"

Comment

Hi item ,

Thanks for your reply. We would like to use the case number because new emails of the same case will be grouped in a single case as EspoCRM works.

Do you think we can modifiy the case number field type in our database to varchar without issues?

Or do you know if we can "group" emails of the same case by other fields besides the case number?

Thanks a lot for your help.
      Pablo

Comment

Hello,
        it's a auto-increment.
        just see in some case.file.php : number are used in some script as "integer" .. => varchar will be problematic.

sorry no, i don'u use "case" entity.. i have searched for email but not find.. need more investigate.

Comment

Thanks item for the help. I will keep checking.

Comment

Working...
          X