Someone using your page design for nefarious purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone using your page design for nefarious purposes

I was trying to find an old Linksys manual. Apparently somebody wrote a program that monitors Google searches looking for desperate people like me. A webpage inserts my keywords into a boilerplate thread and then the link for that page shows up a few pages into my Google search. I clicked on it. Thread had very recent dates and multiple posts. Sucked me in. Links took me to website where you sign up for free 5 day trial which needs your credit card. After I gave it to them, I got a screen saying that website had problems and I was sent to another website that also wanted my credit card. I knew I had been had. Went back to spoof page and found all links went to same place. Called my credit card company and my "free trial membership" had already cost me money but they had flagged it for being fishy. Hubbelt.com My credit company is sending me a new card.

Anyway, thought whomever runs this website might be interested in knowing somebody is using your layout for nefarious purposes. The whole URL is in the third pic. You can insert the keywords you need to trick a desperate fool.

Hello,
    We extend our apologies for the situation that occurred. We deeply regret the frustration and annoyance that it must have caused to you.

We have to inform you that EspoCRM’s logo is used for illegal purposes. We neither own this domain nor manage this server. We are not administrators of this site as well. These are the reasons why we cannot disable the website and remove the infringing materials.

Please contact the website owner. If your requests to delete the copied material are unsuccessful, you can file Google DMCA Takedown Request to remove the content from search results. The detailed guide on how to do it can be found here: https://www.espocrm.com/blog/google-...kedown-request.

Comment

I don't think that website belong to kcclark, how I read it is like this:

1. kcclark searched for lniksys using Google
      2. Found a website related to it, click on it
      3. "Oh it is an EspoCRM forum, they might have the answer"
      4. Down the scammed path he go.

Essentially he recommend EspoCRM team to make a report (domain or host provider) as this website is using EspoCRM branding, username, etc for nefarious purpose.

Doing a quick search on them seem like they started website this during the COVID period:

Comment

I figured it was your forum, you would not like it being used this way, and you would have more standing than me in doing something about it.

Comment

Working...
        X