How to create a mandatory entry of 'Account' in new Entity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a mandatory entry of 'Account' in new Entity

When you select Contacts and click to Create a new Contact there is a mandatory entry for Account. I created a new Entity and want this mandatory entry also for this Entity but I can't figure out how to create this possibility.
    I Added the field 'Accounts' in the Layouts 'List' and 'List (small)' but I can't select this field in the layouts 'Detail' and 'Detail (small)'.
    Can somebody please tell me where I can arange this?

Hi there,
    To make any field mandatory (required) you need open Administration -> Entity Manager -> Your entity -> Fields -> desired field -> check the 'Required' box -> Save.

Comment

Hi Maximus,
      Thanks for your answer. I thought that would be it. So altho I'm completely new I'm glad I looked in the right direction. Unfortunatly I tried that allready and it didn't work. I've added a document to see some pictures and what I've done allready.
      Could it be that it does not work because I'm in a test surrounding?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
        All you need to do in such cases just to reload a webpage to refresh metadata on the page.

Comment

Hi Maximus, If you meen Clear Cache and Rebuild by reload than this doesn't solve the problem. Please read my Word-file so you understand te problem I have. I'm new in buiding my own site but if this can't be solved I can't use EspoCRM. It realy isn't a big problem I gess but I cann't figure out how to solve it. Thanks for your kind help

Comment

Hi there,
            Well, the only reason why you can't see the 'Accounts' field for 'Detail' view in Layout Manager - you didn't check the 'Link Multiple Field' box in the relationship configs (see screenshot)
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X