can't figure field level permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't figure field level permissions

How do I setup a role to allow reading of a scope, but disallow editing of all fields except one?

I tried setting read all and no edit then add editable fields but it will deny edit for all scope.

I suspect I will have to grant all and then disable access to all except my field, but it is quite a tedious task... maybe there is a faster way

To do so you have to give the edit permission to the scope (not read), then at the fields you disallow editing for all fields except for that one.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

How do I give edit permission without read? The interface only allows edit if there is read access. <- it's bugging me now

Comment

• eymen-elkum
        eymen-elkum commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to give it both the read and edit permission in the scope level

• tothewine
        tothewine commented
        Editing a comment
        an era of tedious manual work is on me then

In the end I had to set all field permissions explicitly for all the fields. It worked, but it was a very tedious work and I wish yuri provided a way for making this work more smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by tothewine View Post
        In the end I had to set all field permissions explicitly for all the fields. It worked, but it was a very tedious work and I wish yuri provided a way for making this work more smoothly.
        I think it's the best approach. Maybe you could offer some other approach which is better?

Comment

Originally posted by emillod View Post

I think it's the best approach. Maybe you could offer some other approach which is better?
          I think a script or something could be made to add readonly permissions to every field and then "unlock" the needed ones manually

For espo code it would be to inherit sscope permission into field level permissions for visibility of fields. e.g. like I expected it to work: you deny permissions on the scope and allow specific fields

Comment

Working...
          X