Report field missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report field missing

I have the Contact Entity which is linked to the Account Entity. I have added a Market Cap (Currency) field to the Account Entity. This creates 3 fields under Account (Market Cap / Market Cap (Converted) / Market Cap (Currency)).

If I create a report for the Account I can get the Market Cap field as part of the Report. If i use the Contact I can only access Account (Primary).Market Cap (Currency). I don't have access to the actual field I want which should be Account (Primary).Market Cap

Any idea why I can't access this field in the Report for a Contact?

Thanks

Hi there,
    The currency type field is not supported in Report. As a workaround, you can add to the Contact a foreign type field and fetch the Primary Account Market Cap. After, you'll be able to choose this foreign field in your report.

Comment

That didn't work either. It doesn't give me the option of creating the Market Cap field as a Foreign Entity only Market Cap (Converted) and Market Cap (Currency) which don't contain the actual value. I'm assuming the next workaround is to make Market Cap a text field?

Comment

Also, since Reports are part of a paid extension I'm assuming I couldn't add the code myself to fix and allow Currency type fields in the Report?

Comment

I believe you can made modification to it no issue.

You just can't modify it, rename the extensions and re-sell it as a "new" extensions. I lost the link but Maximus posted a FAQs about this somewhere. It bit difficult to track it down at the moment.

Comment

Hi lilfurson,
            espcrm is right. You can make changes and use it for your own purposes. It is not allowed to re-sell it.

Comment

But if you do post the modification, a tutorial/guide/hint/tips on where you add the code and the example code would be great for other use to use it in their own installation.

Comment

Working...
              X