Auto-complete (Options) Drop List for Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-complete (Options) Drop List for Name

Any idea how to enable Options for Name? (Specifically Last Name).

Although it is available to be enter in the Entity Manager > Contact > Fields > LastName

It does not show up as an Options/Autocomplete/Drop down.

---

Recently I been updating some contact that is outside of the CRM and it getting to a point where it is quite annoying as there is a few common Last Name that would have been great if I can just use the drop down instead of typing it in full.

Thank you.

Hi espcrm,
    This feature works for the Varchar type field except such fields as firstName, lastName and middleName cause these fields have another logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Hi espcrm,
      This feature works for the Varchar type field except such fields as firstName, lastName and middleName cause these fields have another logic.
      Yes, but there is no Code/file where we can "force" it to be enable to *Name field?

I would think that by default it is enable but there is some code that was added, for example:

options: disable

Comment

• Maximus
        Maximus commented
        Editing a comment
        As far as I know, there is no such ability. It won't work even if you manually add it to the /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Your-entity.json file.

Thank you. I think I have a solution (work-around) for now.

I will just make a new Varchar field temporary which I will use to Copy/Paste until there is a real solution.

Comment

Working...
      X