Search in emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search in emails

Hi, I have a problem with searching through emails. I click on the Inbox. Next, I select the fild "From" and enter an email address so the program will not find the email. But it's definitely in the inbox. The email address is registered with the organization.
    Where is problem?

Hi,
    You may need to check whether your user has access rights (set in Roles) to view this email.

Comment

Are you able to look at the organization and find this specific email?

Comment

I quite dislike the "From" field when it come to searches, it can only use existing email address that was added to Contact/Account; you can really search in that field for words or domain.

For example: smith
        or @email.com

Comment

espcrm are you sure? I just tried to search email which is not in contact/account module and everything is ok there. Of course one thing is searching by name which is added to parameter FROM, and other is searching by email address.

I think author could also try to search in main search field. I've just test that and it's working.

Also i have sometimes problem because i'm searching emails in wrong folder
          Last edited by emillod; 09-10-2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Whenever I get questioned, I think, "Oh no, I hope it not just my server", so I went to try the demo and calmed down when I can produce same result.

Perhaps I'm using it wrong, but please check screenshot. I understand I can use the Main search field but then I get lots of junk result when I want to filter it down to just "from some person name Emma but I forgot which company or email".

I also gave a "from: emma" a try and "from:emma" but I get 1 good results with 2 bad result. It also didn't give me Emma Larsen in the either.

Comment

espcrm did you tried by email address? So for example emma@gmail.com?

Comment

Originally posted by emillod View Post
                espcrm did you tried by email address? So for example emma@gmail.com?
                Look like you are right about the "Dont need to add them to Contact/Account"; by searching for full email name + domain the search result will come up. But what the point of doing that; thinking further I decided to use using the wildcard such as

emma%
                emma*

Sadly, but both fail to give any good result.

Comment

Working...
                X