Uploading Large Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Large Files

I'm wanting to be able to upload large files to EspoCRM.

I've changed the PHP.ini to allow upload/post file sizes of 1024MB and restarted my apache2 web server. When I try to upload a large file (currently testing 180MB), the upload process starts but then after about 10 seconds, a 500 error is returned by the browser.

Has anyone managed to successfully increase the file size limit to allow larger files to be uploaded?

I can't quite determine whether its an EspoCRM issue or an apache/PHP issue.

Hi, did you try with another browser?

Comment

• shalmaxb
      shalmaxb commented
      Editing a comment
      As far as I remember, I had some issues with chrome also in uploading large files. Edge is based on the chrome engine. Try Firefox.

• blueprint
      blueprint commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, I kinda need to figure this out with Chrome and Edge really - I think we only have one Firefox user.

I'm thinking it is more of a browser issue than an EspoCRM issue as I can't seem to track down where the issue occurs. Odd that Edge returns a 500 error yet Chrome just fails. It makes me think that in order to return a 500, the EspoCRM back-end must be returning this status code but I can't for the life of me figure this out.

• blueprint
      blueprint commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, just installed FireFox. It also returns a 500 error...

Ahaaaaaa, FireFox did indeed help - thanks shalmaxb

So, the "response" from the Attachment API call is:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 249047984 bytes) in C:\Stuff\Laragon\www\EspoCRM-5.9.3\application\Espo\Services\Attachment.php on line 82

I've upped the `memory_limit` value in the php.ini to 2048 (from 512MB) and it now works a treat.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear it resolve, you didn't get any timeout issue and didn't have to raise the time on that too?

• blueprint
      blueprint commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, all good in that respect.

• Nishan Perera
      Nishan Perera commented
      Editing a comment
      Had the same issue with email to report with 30,000 excel rows. After upped the `memory_limit` issue was sorted.
Working...
X