X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanban View

Hello,
    When I edit entity field > tick Kanban view > Ignored groups in Kanban view

I made them all empty but it doesn't work. I have 4 stages ( Not startes + started + completed + canceled ) but it shows just three of them as shown on attached pics.

How can I solve this problem?
    Attached Files

Hi walidi ,

What is the Espocrm Version.

Did Try with cache clear ?.
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

Comment

I don't remember but was Cancelled a default field? I don't remember it is, it is a field that we as user add it on later.

As far as I'm aware KanbanView doesn't support additional status value, you have to edit the code if you want to add in additional stages.

I don't remember (correct me if I'm wrong) there any setting within the admin to add in additional stages.
      Last edited by espcrm; 08-25-2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
        I don't remember but was Cancelled a default field? I don't remember it is, it is a field that we as user add it on later.

As far as I'm aware KanbanView doesn't support additional status value, you have to edit the code if you want to add in additional stages.

I don't remember (correct me if I'm wrong) there any setting within the admin to add in additional stages.

Hi esp, Cancelled is a default one.

Cheers!
        Nishan.

Comment

I see, I suppose logically Cancelled shouldn't be part of Kanban view, considering that Kanban is there to "improve workflow through visualization". At least that how I see Kanban view.

As far as I'm aware there isn't anyway to change the Kanban stage through the UI system. The Ignore section allow you to remove(?) but it doesn't allow you to add.

Comment

You can regulate which "status" values are ignored in kanban view by editing the entity's "scope" script.

For example, for the Task entity, open file application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/scopes/Task.json and change the values for "kanbanStatusIgnoreList"
            Code:
            {
                "entity": true,
                "layouts": true,
                "tab": true,
                "acl": true,
                "aclPortal": true,
                "aclPortalLevelList": ["all", "account", "contact", "own", "no"],
                "activityStatusList": ["Not Started", "Started"],
                "historyStatusList": ["Completed"],
                "module": "Crm",
                "customizable": true,
                "importable": true,
                "notifications": true,
                "calendar": true,
                "object": true,
                "statusField": "status",
                "stream": true,
                "kanbanStatusIgnoreList": ["Canceled", "Deferred"]
            }
            If you are interested to learn how this is implemented inside the code you can check it here:

If you would like to see the program flow for the kanban view you can check this post:
            The idea of this thread is to create a "road map/guide" to help developers find where GUI sections or elements are defined within Espo code so customization projects can be implemented without having to spend a lot of time "finding your way around" the code (like many of us have done) whenever possible.

Comment

Since this thread relevant to Kanban I thought I link to this article:

What is a kanban? Kanban is a powerful tool for data visualization that helps you stay organized and productive throughout the working day. In other words, a kanban is a board with cards that are grouped into columns and can be easily moved from one column to another with a single mouse move.

Comment

Hello folks,
                there is a much easier way to show these status options. In accordance with the system logic, the 'Ignored groups in Kanban view' parameter cannot be blank. So when you are removing all options from it and pressing Save, it removes to the previous condition. So here is a workaround:
                1. Open Administration -> Entity Manager -> Task -> Fields -> status -> add some new option (let's call it 'Kanban Ignore')
                2. Open Administration -> Entity Manager -> Task -> select only the 'Kanban Ignore' for the 'Ignored groups in Kanban view' parameter.

Comment

Working...
              X