Problem with Timeout or slow response when adding fields to entities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Timeout or slow response when adding fields to entities

We are having a setup where EspoCRM runs in an Azure WebApp and we are using a PaaS database in azure.
    First we tried to have a mysql database and everything seemed to function okay but when adding fields to entities in the admin panel it takes close to a minute to do this task. We tried to scale up the webapp and database but without result. To see if it was database related we made a new MariaDB database. The webapp stayed the same and now we are experiencing an timeout when doing this operation. After the timeout the mutation is done. I haven't found another place yet where this problem also occurs but haven't tried out every function yet, but for example adding users goes without a hitch.
    I was wondering if there might be some kind of call back or call to another API or something like that when adding fields to entities. I tried to look in the source code but couldn't easily find where this is done to figure this out myself. I've checked the php settings and database settings etc but everything seems to be in order. The problem occurs both in a windows based and linux based web app. Does someone has experience with this problem or can maybe help me find a solution to it?

I think we have a couple of Azure/Windows server user on the forum.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this for you to be honest; I can only give thing like "Check Logs" but not sure how that will help; you could also do these two to see if you can see where the delay it:

First is to check your browser Network tools (F12) and see how it is pulling request, network, performance, etc.
    Second is to try retrieve data using Rest API testing software and see how it responding in term of speed.

But your main question is about, is it: creating New Field (adding) or is it Inputting in Field (creating data and record)?
    All the API documents is here: https://docs.espocrm.com/development/api-tutorial/

I never tried creating a new Field before, but considering EspoCRM is design I think it is possible.

Comment

Hi,

Please check the Azure WebApp Bandwidth.

if you are using the free offer of Azure App Servicesupports up to 10 free Web Apps with included storage and bandwidth. The included bandwidth had a daily quota of 165 MB per day across all Web Apps (10 Max) per region. This summed up to be 5GB of bandwidth per month per region.

And also check your network connection as well because the data connection can be depend on that too.
      Cheers!
      Nishan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishan Perera View Post
        Hi,

Please check the Azure WebApp Bandwidth.

if you are using the free offer of Azure App Servicesupports up to 10 free Web Apps with included storage and bandwidth. The included bandwidth had a daily quota of 165 MB per day across all Web Apps (10 Max) per region. This summed up to be 5GB of bandwidth per month per region.

And also check your network connection as well because the data connection can be depend on that too.
        We are using production envirioments. We don't experience problems with bandwith with other scenario's, so don't know for sure the problem is the bandwith. Also scaling up didn't seem to make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          I think we have a couple of Azure/Windows server user on the forum.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this for you to be honest; I can only give thing like "Check Logs" but not sure how that will help; you could also do these two to see if you can see where the delay it:

First is to check your browser Network tools (F12) and see how it is pulling request, network, performance, etc.
          Second is to try retrieve data using Rest API testing software and see how it responding in term of speed.

But your main question is about, is it: creating New Field (adding) or is it Inputting in Field (creating data and record)?
          All the API documents is here: https://docs.espocrm.com/development/api-tutorial/

I never tried creating a new Field before, but considering EspoCRM is design I think it is possible.
          I checked the logs but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to have espo be more verbose in the logging?
          it's hanging on the accounts page, this page does seem to take a very long time so that's why I suspect it's some kind of api call made by the front end.

I'll take a look at the api usage later thanks for the link.

Comment

As in a higher level of logging? I think you can enable Debug mode which will give you a much more detail report. See:
            https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...e-for-a-logger

Is it just the Account entity section? Perhaps you made some modification in there that causing it. The usually way I fix up these type of error is to clear cache through Admin Panel or delete/rename the Cache folder, then the Custom folder if that still fail.
            Last edited by espcrm; 08-25-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

This is a screenshot of the F12 network trace.
              and included is also the debug text from that time.

Someone has any idea why this is taking this long. The debug trace says the Account (the place where I try to add a field) takes 55.6 seconds.
              (This is done on the version which connects with mysql)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
                Is it just the Account entity section? Perhaps you made some modification in there that causing it. The usually way I fix up these type of error is to clear cache through Admin Panel or delete/rename the Cache folder, then the Custom folder if that still fail.
                Got the problem with all entities, and also with custom entities

Comment

• espcrm
                  espcrm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah 55 second is ridiculous for this, I looked through the logs and there isn't anything that I see in there that may help. Your relationship seem normal too, it doesn't have a huge amount of relationship.

I'm afraid with my skill I won't be much of more help from what I have already suggested.
                  Last edited by espcrm; 08-31-2020, 07:43 AM.

is this only happens for adding new fields ? does same happening for record creation ?
                Cheers!
                Nishan.

Comment

Working...
                X