Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationships not linking with in case

Hi,

I have a small problem with relations, seems i made some mistakes and seeking for help.

I have a custom field "recovery" and I have link "case" to that. Relationships as below,

Recovery
    Foreign Entity
    Case
    Link Type
    One-to-Many

Case
    Foreign Entity
    Recovery
    Link Type
    Many-to-One

Cases field in the recovery entity

Type
    Link Multiple
    Name
    cases

In this, when I create case from the relationship panel in the collection entity, name and the account field in the recovery is link to the case.

But I have a cases field in the form layout to create cases (multiple). from that I can create cases and it link with the recovery name but it not link with the recovery account.

Hope I have mention everything clearly. Tried with workflow but no luck and seeking for support.
    Last edited by Nishan Perera; 08-20-2020, 04:39 PM.
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

Hi,
    Please provide screenshots for better representation.

Comment

please refer attach screenshots for your reference.

case - test nishan 24 made with bottom relation
      case - test nishan 25 made with case link in the form

please advice..
      Cheers!
      Nishan.

Comment

Hi Nishan,
        Are Collection and Account entity is the same one entity? I will try to reproduce it.

Comment

I've investigated this and what here is a few thoughts:
          1. By default, there is One-to-Many relation between Account and Cases that is not allowed to put it into detail view (only relation subpanel). Also, for this relation created a system logic that automatically put Account into the Account link type field of the Case upon creation (see screenshot).
          2. For custom relationships, such logic is not definded.

I think, that you:
          1. created your custom relationship to be able to place the Cases relation field to the Account detail view, but in the subpanel, left to use the default relation that has auto-account populated logic.

OR

2. You just made some changes to allow place the system Account-Cases relation in the Account detail view, but in this case the auto-account populated logic is not defined on the code layer.

Tell me please which version is right?

Comment

Hi Max,

Thanks for the attention on this. I'll explain what I did and what I need.

In this i'm talking about two entities. One is Recovery (custom entity) and Cases. In Recovery I'm collecting data of the pending payments. So I have link Account into the Recovery entity. So each and every record in Recovery will be appear in the relevant Account. I think this is clear so far.

Here we are getting to the point. So In a way if there any issue with the payments user has to open a Case from the Recovery entity.For that I have link Cases into the Recovery entity. That what I so far did.

From that (from the Recovery entity) user can create Cases and it will link to the relevant Recovery record but its not linking to the relevant Account.

I have tried with the workflow aswell, but nothing happen. Hope you have got the basic idea of my requirement.

All i wanted is to link Recovery.Account to Cases.Account.
            Cheers!
            Nishan.

Comment

Maximus any workaround for this. ?
              Cheers!
              Nishan.

Comment

Any help on this
                Cheers!
                Nishan.

Comment

Hi Nishan,
                  Sorry for the delayed reply. I've reproduced the same logic as you did? But in my case Account doesn't auto-populate.
                  Here are a few thoughts:
                  1. Or it is the cache-related issue (low possibility)
                  2. Or you have some automation for the Case sub-panel to populate Account upon creation.

Please open the file /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Recovery.json and investigate whether there is a link to custom view for the Cases like:
                  Code:
                  "view": "custom:views/recovery/fields/cases"
                  Check in the "fields": {...} and "links": {...} block as well.

Comment

• Nishan Perera
                    Nishan Perera commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Max, I though you forgot this.. hhaha.. I'll go through the given info. Hope I may come-up with a solution.
                Working...
                X