Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few general questions

Hi everyone,

I've looked into the EspoCRM few weeks ago as one of the solution for my customer, however - there is few questions that I would like to ask.

1. Am I understanding correctly - standard EspoCRM don't have possibility to create workflows? I need to buy an extension for that?
    2. Without Sales Extension I am not gonna be able to use Invoices module at all?
    3. Is there any monthly rolling subscription for these extensions? Or you have to pay upfront almost $500 to get this ready to use?

My understanding is that without these extensions this system is useless? No invoices; workflows etc.? Or am I wrong?

Best Regards

Hello,
    there area team behind espocrm ....
    1) yes, you need to buy advanded pack.. a must have
    2) you can develop or buy sales pack..
    3) all extension is for one year upgrade.. no monthly

for your last word.. this crm is wonderfull.... you can buy extention.. or you need skill.. but this crm "as is" is the best crm i have never see

Regards

ps : this is my opinion

Comment

Hi,
      My understanding is that without these extensions this system is useless? No invoices; workflows etc.? Or am I wrong?
      I think that this is a misconception.

Espo is an incredible platform not just for CRM (even without the extensions) but also to develop your own extensions and even build complete systems. The possibilities for customization are endless. It is essentially an application generator for modern one page applications.

In regards to the advanced pack and workflows-BPN, this will give you, or your client directly, the possibility of concentrate on the business logic of their processes and implement or test them immediately as opposed to having to deal with coding issues and coding abilities, but if that is not a problem, you can always write hooks and create your own flows. Espo is very easy to customize. It is more a matter of preference and cost efficiency. Coding vs licensing.

Nor sure today, but years back (too many perhaps ), I looked for a free open source package that would be able to create the necessary code to execute processes from a BPN diagram and I couldn't find any. There were lots of diagram creating options but then you would need to pay the suppliers recurring fees to actually run them in their platforms.

Same thing for reports (part of the advanced pack) or billing (part of the sales pack), you can code your own or integrate a third party library. This is again a matter of preference and economics.

Hope this helps
      Last edited by telecastg; 08-14-2020, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I see it similarly. When I tried ESPOcrm for the first time, I couldn't have imagined the unbelievable range of possibilities. Over time, I noticed that a lot of things can be realized with the basic functions, that don't necessarily have to follow the classic CRM model. A few weeks ago I had another idea for a web app for which ESPO was ideal. And I can only say: When you deal with it, you only notice what you are able to do with it. More than once I was very surprised that my ideas could be implemented with ESPO. Especially if you are not a born programmer, you can get very far with ESPO. And as many people use it, you will get help here in the forum, if you get stuck.
        I think it's very generous of the programming team at ESPO to make this software available to this extent free of charge. There is a lot of work and a lot of knowledge in here. It is astonishing how many functions are cleverly thought out, which enables such a breadth of possible applications.
        It is understandable that the ESPO programmers then sell a few extensions.
        And another tip: Compare with other "free" CRMs. You are sure to get frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by shalmaxb View Post
          It is understandable that the ESPO programmers then sell a few extensions.
          Hello,
          it's more than that.. if we will espoCRM always "state of art" .. we need to support the team/society.
          For me is simple, i have 2 crm/domain.. all extension are buy.. but not for all 2 domain.. what's is the "joke" is :

voip integration : only used for call log ... like a csv file reader.. users won't use it !
          outlook integration : only 10% of user use it ... other won't use it.
          mailchimp : never used
          advanced pack : 5% user use it .. other never click "report" tab !

but i will continue to ask my director to buy for us all extention and for support espocrm.

Regards

Comment

I agree, I do not need the Advanced Extension pack but I bought it to support the work that Yuri (Main Developer) and his team are doing in creating a truly open-source fast application solution. I spent hundreds of hours looking at different open-source solutions and Espo is by far the fastest. It is also the most flexible. There are some features that simply took a lot of effort to get right. Let's not forget that it also scales well on phones. There is certainly a learning curve in development with Espo but, the team on this Forum are a great and committed group to share and assist in creatively finding ways to add value to the application.

Comment

Working...
            X