Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation files

Hi,

I need to somehow obtain a file that contains translated and not translated parts of the system. The problem I encountered is that the files that i have found only contain the labels that are already translated, which is pretty much the opposite thing of what I need. I wanted to check if maybe I've missed something and there is a way to get a file that contains both translated and not translated parts or only non-translated parts
    Last edited by Mark; 07-27-2020, 11:45 AM.

I'm not quite sure what the translation file look like, can you post two sample of them? Maybe I can think of some work around.

Comment

They're .json files located in /Espo/Resources/i18n directories. Basically the goal is to get the non-translated parts of the application that will be used (so not all of the application) and send it to a translator for him to translate them and theN later upload those updated .json files with needed translations back to the system
      Last edited by Mark; 07-28-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Are you talking about translation for custom entities or fields ?

Those are easy to isolate.

When you create entities or make changes through the Admin GUI, Espo creates custom translation files at custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/i18n/{Language}/{Custom entity of modified core entity}.json and these files will contain only the custom terms that you added or modified.

If you are looking to correct possible untranslated terms for core entities or fields for a specific language you will need to check the translation file by hand.
        Last edited by telecastg; 07-28-2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I think I understand, you probably want to use some sort of Translation software to do that, alternatively you can do something like this:

Convert the JSON to spreadsheet using some coding or using website like these: https://jsontoexcel.com/

Then filter out all the Non-Blank, and send your translator the Blank line file and they can do transaction from there.

Then you convert it back: https://csvjson.com/csv2json

All this is theory, I haven't really done it myself.

Comment

telecastg yes, however those files do not contain terms that were not translated, so say I have taxes translated into German in the system, through the UI, and I also want to translate Taxes to Spanish, but I do not know Spanish, therefore I need to send the terms, that are not translated into Spanish, to my translator. But the .json files only contains the terms that already have some sort of translation in that language. So the problem is that when I download the German file it has all of those terms and translations next to the terms, but when I download the file in Spanish the file only has like 1 row that was randomly translated and does not have the non-translated terms, which is pretty much the only thing I need. Attaching files as examples
            espcrm that's the next step if I can obtain the non-translated terms
            Attached Files

Comment

In order to filter the missing terms, you could try to write some local javascript code to compare the two JSON objects (each language file is a multilevel JSON object) and extract the differences, but unless you are talking about a lot of terms or languages the solution might be a complete overkill over simply doing it by hand.

Looking at your sample files, there are only a handful of terms that need translation.

If you decide to go for the local javascript coding option this thread might help https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...o-json-objects or if you prefer to code using a different language I am sure that the same recurring function can be implemented.
              Last edited by telecastg; 07-29-2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X