Link to detail view without authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to detail view without authentication

Hello, is it somehow possible to provide non-users with a link to a detail view without authentication (only viewing, no editing).
    I would like to provide a QR-Code with such link.

Hi,
    As far as I know, it is not possible. The system needs to get some user credentials and the user should have proper permissions.

Comment

I guessed that, What about creating an user with no rights besides viewing content and give that link the this user`s credentials? Might that be possible?

Comment

Yes. Just set a role w/o editing permission. Also, by configuring the Field Level scope in the Role you can restrict the access for this user for separate fields.

Comment

Thank you. Meanwhile I searched a bit on how a link should look like and unfortunately the browsers do not accept anymore an URL with embedded link. As far as I know, there is not yet a workaround for that.

Comment

Sound like the right way to go about doing it, but you might risk a security risk as the URL will contain the API user info, however your record ID is unique hash so it less they can just change from ID 123912381abcdef to 223912381abcdef and get a result.

I remember there was thread similar to this question about a Public link or file access, but Forum searching failed.

Comment

• shalmaxb
              shalmaxb commented
              Editing a comment
              I found that thread, but it lead to nothing. I am aware of the security risk and still thinking, how to resolve. I guess, there will be no solution in directly be able to go to the detail view. Will see, if I get any idea.

• esforim
              esforim commented
              Editing a comment
              Should have post the link, might have more liked mind individual who is interested.

Yes, unfortunately I'm still too far to be able to help on this topic.

• shalmaxb
              shalmaxb commented
              Editing a comment
              I would have posted the link, but did not find the thread either.
          Working...
          X