Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placeholder for Stream.message to client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placeholder for Stream.message to client?

Hello, Trying to send an email to a client on the status of his/her case. Would like to add the Stream addition from support to the status email. Looked for Stream / Note etc as a placeholder... What am I overlooking?

Found this https://www.espocrm.com/blog/notifyi...ith-workflows/ but just can not find {Note.post} as a placeholder...?

Someone an idea?
    Last edited by Bill; 07-21-2020, 05:45 PM.

Hello Bill.

Well, actually you can create a portal user from the Contact (your customer). The portal user is getting the email notifications about posts and status updates (see screenshots). So probably you don't need to create Workflow.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes Maximus, thank you for your response... Some of our cases are coming through the API, so thats why. But to get back to my question; Can you tell me what placeholder to use for the Stream.Message to get this into the email response we send to the customer?

Comment

I tried to achieve this but w/o any success. I'm afraid it is not supported for Note. As a workaround you can do this:
        1. Create a hidden field of the Text type for the Case entity (let's call it 'updatedPost');
        2. Create an Email Template that will fetch the updatedPost filed;
        3. Create a workflow that will be triggered if post is updated + update the related record by pushing a new post text to the updatedPost + send Email.

Comment

Yes, thanks! Sounds like a good workaround and I will give it a try...!

Comment

Working...
          X