Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't send mails through personal accounts

Hello community!

Scenario: I want to send thematic different mails by different mail accounts, lets say:

Alpacas are great: mail@example.com
    Llamas are okayish: mail@example.org

Hence, I added a couple of e-mail accs.

Problem: I am not able to select the personal accounts when writing an e-mail; neither as admin nor user. All mails are up and running (sent test mails). It seems that I can only use the e-mail information I set up in outbound mails.

I'm using the current self-hosted version of EspoCRM. The docs offered no solution to me.

Any ideas?

P.S.: Besides that, EspoCRM is f*** great!

Users can setup SMTP settings in their Personal Email Accounts as well as in Preferences. Personal Email Accounts available at Emails tab > top-right menu > Personal Email Accounts.

Administrator also can allow to use the mailn system SMTP account as well as Group Email Accounts (mark as Shared).

Users can have multiple SMTP accounts.

Important: Email addresses, user can use to send emails from, must be defined in Emails field of User record. Only admin can define user's email addresses (by default).

Comment

Not sure if my answer here is correct. I previously have your issue too.

Basically the "Email" won't let you choose a secondary email during Compose? If that is correct (and assuming you have added both Personal email: Ali... Ali... We.. email).

You need to add that email to your User setting.
      https://demo.espocrm.com/#User/view/1 <-- this is the admin account
      https://demo.espocrm.com/ <-- find your user here, and add each Personal email you want to be use

Comment

Hi GPO and espcrm!

Thanks for your quick reply. While I waited for the admins to unlock my first post, I found the solution by myself. I can confirm your idea in regard of the user record. It was not clear to me that I have to enter the additional addresses there, too.

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it is quite an odd design.
      Working...
      X