Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show if Contact is a newsletter subscriber at MailChimp

Hi,

I am using the MailChimp Plugin to fetch sent and click information from MailChimp to Espo. I would like to add a field at the Contact that shows if the Contact is a newsletter subscriber. Can I make e.g. a a Workflow (I have the Advanced Pack) that checks if the last MailChimp campaign (synced to Espo) has the contacts email address in the recipient list? Any hints welcome!

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by chrismc; 06-29-2020, 08:31 AM.

Hi there,
    I hope this will give you some tips.
    1. I created a boolean type field for Contact and called it 'newsletterDescriber'
    2. I created Workflow based on the Campaign Log Record entity (see screenshots).

So the logic is very easy. When a contact clicks on some specified link, MailChimp record this action to its campaign report. After this, EspoCRM fetches this statistic and creates a record about the corespondent action in the Campaign Log Record entity. We can catch the desired action with Workflow and use Update Related Record Action.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Maximus!

One other solutions that comes to my mind is querying the MailChimp API for the given email address throug a Espo service class in PHP what is triggered through a Workflow.

I will try it out and post my results to the community.

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X