Missing extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing extensions

Missing mbstring, exif, and gd. What do these extensions affect?

Used heroku to deploy, but did not use composer because it repeatedly broke the app, or would not work because heroku could not install react/zmq. So now I have a working version deployed through heroku without composer that is successfully connected to server, but is missing these extensions. What will break without them?

Comment

Tried to use a .user.ini to incorporate them, and it worked for some of the settings but not for missing extensions.

Comment

hello,
        mbstring, exif, and gd .. is php extension ..
        you must install it in your server ! this is not espocrm issue !

if linux .. with ssh .. something like so :

PHP Code:
        sudo yum install php73 php73-php-common php73-php-fpm
        sudo yum install php73
        -php-mysql php73-php-pecl-memcache php73-php-pecl-memcached php73-php-gd php73-php-mbstring php73-php-mcrypt php73-php-xml php73-php-pecl-apc php73-php-cli php73-php-pear php73-php-pdo php73-php-json php73-php-xml php73-php-xmlwriter php73-php-iconv php73-php-curl php73-php-zip php73-php-openssl php73-php-gd php73-php-exif php73-php-zmq php73-php-pcntl php73-php-posix php73-php-ldap 

Comment

If you have CPanel or Panel of some type, it should be possible to enable them in your PHP Selector (assuming it is installed)

Comment

I know they're php extensions, I'm just curious how drastically not having them installed will affect Espo. It doesn't immediately seem to affect anything drastic, but I haven't done much besides connect to server. I also have everything installed and working fine locally, but the service I use to deploy to web server has their own method for compiling php apps, but it appears to only be able to install certain extensions.

Comment

I suppose if you do search on those string you can find out what their purpose is, "GD" is too short so I didn't bother, EXIF is quite easily to tell for me as it related to Image Metadata, and finally mbstring is defined on some website as Multi-Byte String, whatever that mean.

If you fail to have those 3 extensions then any function that rely on it won't be display or cannot use. At best nothing happen, you just a less detail EspoCRM, at worse, you system doesn't work and you run into crash and bug.

Comment

• eymen-elkum
                eymen-elkum commented
                Editing a comment
                "GD" helps in processing images, I think is used for generating thumbnails

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                There you go, look like all 3 extension is relate to imaging (attachment, image, icon, etc are some type of image). I will assume if you missing these extension you are going to see lots of [blank square box]

Yeah I figured it was something to do with images because all of the user avatars were not working. Also I used another method of deployment, and that worked fine. I think it was an issue with the way heroku deployment builds were done.

Comment

Working...
              X