Hirerachy list field in another entity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hirerachy list field in another entity

The Account entity has industry field and is possible use in another like Lead. I would like to know how create these kind of fields.

I see the file /client/modules/crm/src/views/lead/fields/industry.js but I don't know how use it in another entity or create another field list and use in more than one entity.

I don't think a Foreign field will work here. I also don't think we can do a "Share list" field either, there is a few extension where it is made possible.

If you just want another Industry field in Lead (or similar to Industry field).
    Just go to

Admin > Entity Manager > Lead (click Field) > add fields > Enum > Fill in the details and save.

The industry is just a E-num field. Here is some extra info for you using the demo version.

Click "Add Field" from there.

And this is the Industry (default field) in Account: https://demo.espocrm.com/?lang=en_US...field=industry

The difference between Enum and Multi-enum? Enum you can only select 1 option. Multi-enum you can select multiple. For example something I would do here:

Category (Enum): Food & Beverage
    Secondary Category (multi-enum): Restaurant, Pub, Bar

or keep it simple:

Category (Enum): Food & Beverage
    Secondary Category (Enum): Restaurant

Comment

Thank, but if you see, Accoun industry field has data in options and Lead hasn't, but when you create a Lead, industry filed has data. I would like to know how to make it.

Comment

Would just be a guess but if you modify the Industry in Account, the Lead will use the same list. Be sure to the clear cache, rebuild and refresh your website.

Comment

• criffoh
          criffoh commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand, thanks. But, how colud be make it for another entities?

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          That you would have to dig into the coding for. Sadly I don't know how to do it. I know the free Real Estate extensions also do it for Property Type, perhaps looking through these file might be easier than looking through EspoCRM.
      Working...
      X