Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deployment Customer Agreement Concerns

Hi,

I'm looking for install Espocrm to the some companies as they are interested on this. So before that I might have to look at the legal prospective. In this case i have prepared costing plan under below categories and looking for feedback from you all.
    1. Implementation
    2. Development - according to their requirement
    3. Per user account license cost
    4. Extension License cost - buy behalf of them if they required
    5. Cloud hosting cost
    6. Support - Monthly/Yearly
    7. Maintenance cost - Monthly/Yearly

As per to my understanding with the given agreements, service, etc information I have only doubt with "3.Per user account license cost" category. Please let me know if i can charge some cost for User license and let me know if any of that are illegal to do or charge a cost.

Looking forward. AlexAv
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

It's restricted to provide SaaS with using paid extensions.

Just image that somebody bought Advanced Pack and provide SaaS Solution for a cheaper price than we do, it is inequitable.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexAv View Post
      It's restricted to provide SaaS with using paid extensions.

Just image that somebody bought Advanced Pack and provide SaaS Solution for a cheaper price than we do, it is inequitable.
      AlexAv What you are saying is true. I'm agree with that. what i'm going to do is not a SaaS solution. Its a single instance base. for each and every company I will buy extension per request. What my concern is to charge plan as I mentioned above as 3.Per user account license cost.

All I just want to know is that I can make the pricing plan the way I want ?? with including above. with the Instance basis. (without SaaS solution)

Cheers!
      Nishan.

Comment

Where did you get those 7 points or you wrote it based on numerous articles?

I suppose you can charge however you want, provided that the customer is happy with what they are paying at the end of the day. In this case it sound like you be charging a higher rate then EspoCRM Cloud, so there shouldn't be an issue of, "Nishan undercutting", it might be an issue of, "EspoCRM is expensive!".

Not every business is willing to learn the system and modified it, having a third party that provide that services is why people choose these non-self hosted version. I think we already discussed the Item 3. Per User Account in another thread, that is related to buying 1 license per Paid extensions isn't it?

I suppose one thing that you could make differently yours version different from EspoCRM Cloud is, allow them more server access. I know CPanel is capable of giving individual account access to certain feature, whereas EspoCRM Cloud don't do that.

Hopefully to see more user using it and more enhancement the system get improve as a result of that.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          Where did you get those 7 points or you wrote it based on numerous articles?

I suppose you can charge however you want, provided that the customer is happy with what they are paying at the end of the day. In this case it sound like you be charging a higher rate then EspoCRM Cloud, so there shouldn't be an issue of, "Nishan undercutting", it might be an issue of, "EspoCRM is expensive!".

Not every business is willing to learn the system and modified it, having a third party that provide that services is why people choose these non-self hosted version. I think we already discussed the Item 3. Per User Account in another thread, that is related to buying 1 license per Paid extensions isn't it?

I suppose one thing that you could make differently yours version different from EspoCRM Cloud is, allow them more server access. I know CPanel is capable of giving individual account access to certain feature, whereas EspoCRM Cloud don't do that.

Hopefully to see more user using it and more enhancement the system get improve as a result of that.

Thanks for the reply espcrm Understood very well "I suppose you can charge however you want, provided that the customer is happy with what they are paying at the end of the day." AlexAv Can you also verify this. It will make sure to clear Espocrm legal information.

What i mean from Per User Account mean not the customer extension license. It is the users who accessing the CRM. for a example let says 10 users need user logins. So It will cost for the company is per user $10 x 10 users logins = $100.
          Cheers!
          Nishan.

Comment

You can charge for a modification as much as you like. The licenses per instance and not per user. If you give access per user it sounds like you would like to provide a SaaS solution.

One company with their employees can use Advanced pack according to license. The company employees doesn't pay for access to EspoCRM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexAv View Post
              You can charge for a modification as much as you like. The licenses per instance and not per user. If you give access per user it sounds like you would like to provide a SaaS solution.

One company with their employees can use Advanced pack according to license. The company employees doesn't pay for access to EspoCRM.
              In this im not talking about the Advanced Pack license. I'm talking about the per employee charge (user who has access to the CRM from each companies) what I'm going to add to the cost plan of my development and service charge.

"If you give access per user it sounds like you would like to provide a SaaS solution." Nop its not a SaaS. I'll get Extensions for each and every company.

for a Example Development for A company they request 10 user logins and B company development request 20 user logins. So what my concern is am I able to charge for per user login.
              Cheers!
              Nishan.

Comment

From my experience, charging for different "packages" such as increasing restriction is just to reduce one business from flooding the server with too many user and your server can't handle it.

I don't think there is any restriction on how you are planning to set your limit. You can do a scale such as:

Basic / Standard / Pro
                1 / 5 / 10 user

Or as:

Basic / Standard / Pro
                100 / 1000 / 100000

But if you go with second scenario you may end up killing your server. You don't even need to set a limit at all if you want to, but it come down to management of all these businesses. Sometime putting it there make it easier, so there isn't an issue of, "I didn't know you only let me have 10 users".

Be sure not to over promise until you know of problem that arise or something you can fix. E.g. Don't promise Unlimited storage and you can't provide for that promise.

From my understand, you can set up the limit and the restriction yourself. The default installation don't have these feature though, you would have to create it yourself or only you have Administration account and all your customer will have user account only.

Comment

Working...
                X