• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOFTWARE LICENSE Advanced Pack Agreement Concerns

Hi,

I have a concern on advanced pack agreement

in this https://www.espocrm.com/advanced-pack-agreement/

1. SOFTWARE LICENSE

"Restrictions. Customer shall not, directly or indirectly: (a) sublicense, resell, rent, lease, distribute, market, publish, commercialize"

What do you mean by Customer ? and what's meaning directly or indirectly: (a) sublicense, resell in this.

Let say I'm a developer and someone requested me to install Espocrm to their company. And I purchased Advanced pack on behalf of them. Is this can or can't be done ?

and in below

https://www.espocrm.com/help/common-...want-to-resell

https://www.espocrm.com/help/common-...rent-companies

Do I need to pay for the Advanced Pack extension when installing it to different companies/clients?

"Yes, you are required to pay for the Advanced Pack extension for each new company/client. The license allows you to install the software for one company/client only."

I understood this mean I can install advanced pack for companies.

Please I appreciate if someone can clarify the legal points. I have just conduced with the above points. please clarify clearly.
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

You can choose filed buy for another company.
    For each company you should buy a license to use Advanced Pack.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexAv View Post
      You can choose filed buy for another company.
      For each company you should buy a license to use Advanced Pack.
      So which means there is no restriction to buy and install extension for other companies ?

But in the advanced pack agreement under software license its says

"Restrictions. Customer shall not, directly or indirectly: (a) sublicense, resell, rent, lease, distribute, market, publish, commercialize".

Isn't this not an issue ? or is this expired agreement ?

Need a proper answer AlexAv .
      Cheers!
      Nishan.

Comment

Basically each server/website you need to buy one License for Advance pack for that website if you want to use it. If that license is expired in the future you can't use some other license to do Update on it expire license, you need to buy a new license and update for that server.

You can't re-sell the Advance Pack directly as an extensions (or any of those Restriction), but you probably can sell your service (installation, setup, development, support, etc but not the default EspoCRM itself) or your customize EspoCRM installation (without any paid extensions but with customization).

That how I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
          Basically each server/website you need to buy one License for Advance pack for that website if you want to use it. If that license is expired in the future you can't use some other license to do Update on it expire license, you need to buy a new license and update for that server.

You can't re-sell the Advance Pack directly as an extensions (or any of those Restriction), but you probably can sell your service (installation, setup, development, support, etc but not the default EspoCRM itself) or your customize EspoCRM installation (without any paid extensions but with customization).

That how I read it.

Got it. Means I can buy for others but I cannot sell the advanced pack. Thanks for the information. Bit conduced.
          Cheers!
          Nishan.

Comment

Working...
          X