Placeholders in Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placeholders in Emails

I know that it is possible to insert placeholders in email templates, but sometimes it is necessary to add field data directly to an individual email. Is there a way to do this without having to create a new template just for one email?

Unfortunately no. You can't place a single field during Compose. It is what I would considered a weakness in EspoCRM. You would have to request it to be a feature.

All data must be retrieve from Email Template (or like me Copy/Paste if my current email template lacking data I want)

Comment

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. This is indeed a huge weakness. I am surprised it hasn't been brought up before though.

Comment

Maybe because it's not so huge.
        Last edited by yuri; 06-01-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

It about design and priority. If it a feature that is not deem urgent to be worked on then (or deem necessary at all) it simply a wait for it to code it yourself.

I believe it has been bought up upon a few times but we are minority.

Comment

It can be done. But I'd rather make it the way that one can insert values from a popup, rather than placeholders. Inserting placeholders will require re-designing backend functionality of email sending..

Comment

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
              Maybe because it's not so huge.
              I guess that is a matter of opinion depending on how important the feature is personally Maybe not huge then, but in my view significant as for me personally it is something I would expect a CRM to have as standard. I am happy to consider myself in a minority if that really is the case.

Originally posted by yurikuzn View Post
              It can be done. But I'd rather make it the way that one can insert values from a popup, rather than placeholders. Inserting placeholders will require re-designing backend functionality of email sending..
              Adding values from a popup would be a perfectly good solution. I have seen similar methods in other systems. Being fairly new to the architecture of Espocrm it is honestly hard for me to judge how much of a design change that would be.
              Last edited by cfu; 06-01-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought Popup and placeholder was the same thing. Guess it is two different thing then.

Also your quote is missing a [
                [QUOTE=yurikuzn;n58964]

I fixed the quote, thanks.

They could be the same thing but I assume the difference meant here is that a popup would directly insert the field value whereas a placeholder is replaced with the value when the mail is sent. The latter makes sense for mass mailing, for a single mail the former would be the preferred behaviour.
              Last edited by cfu; 06-01-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Good news: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/1730

Comment

Update: This issue was just closed about 22 minutes ago! If you can't wait then manually patch it. Else wait for 5.10.

Comment

Working...
                  X