Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I create multiple levels of administrators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I create multiple levels of administrators?

Hi,
    I would like to be able to create tiers of admin users:
    Basic admin > user actions and logs, some other items like data import
    Normal admin > everything as per current admin

Is it possible to do this without development?
    If its something that requires development are there any resources that have details?

Thanks.

Yes it is possible to developer through User and User Role. However you can't just "click Admin" account which would have full access. You would need to create a "Level 1 Admin", "Level 2 Admin" etc for different access.

A true Admin (through checking the Admin Box), get full access to everything I believe.

Does require a lots of clicking depending on your complexity and how many entity you have or will create. Otherwise quite straight forward but the testing their roles to ensure it working as intent may delay your speed.

---

But it also sound like you want hierarchy system to it as well?

Comment

Thanks.
      The hierarchy of admins can be done via access controls no actual system control needed.
      I have created a restricted role and this gives some user permissions like update and view but create is not an option in the role setup.

A lot of the functions in the admin area do not appear to have a reference in the role creation area for example:

Admin Users Section
      Auth Log
      Auth Tokens
      Action History

Customization
      Entity Manager
      Layout Manager
      Label Manager

Have I missed something in the roles section or are these outside of the role capability?

Comment

If you want the user role access to those section that then I think you need to (hopefully) enable it in the code somewhere, otherwise it not possible through the UI.

When I say hopefully, it just a matter of write "True" or editing 1 lines for each of those access. And if 'hopefully' fail then you probably need some in depth code knowledge which I'm unable to help (in both scenario!)
        Last edited by espcrm; 06-03-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help I will look into what I need to edit in the code to do this.

Comment

Working...
          X