Criteria for Duplicate Checking on Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criteria for Duplicate Checking on Import

I noticed when importing and having it dedupe on import it seems to throw alot of false positives. What criteria does it use to dedupe when just creating new records? Is there a way to just have it check against a specific field ie.email?

Hi,
    Please read this https://docs.espocrm.com/development/duplicate-check/. I believe it will be helpful.

Comment

Thanks- what are the default fields it dedupes against as of now upon record creation?

Comment

As far as I know, a new record won't be created if its id is the same as an existed record has. If you will skip the id fields for importing it will create the new record. For 'duplicate' check the system compares 'name' and/or 'emailAddress' values.

Comment

excellent thank you

Comment

Maximus "...For 'duplicate' check the system compares 'name' and/or 'emailAddress' values."
            Sorry I can not understand if is it an "and" or an "or" and in which case applies each.
            One of the two values or the two of them at the same time?

Comment

• Maximus
              Maximus commented
              Editing a comment
              Not 'and' or 'or' but 'any' of the mentioned values.

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            As far as I know, a new record won't be created if its id is the same as an existed record has.
            Hi Maximus,
            we gather records from a web form. I cannot know, who will fill it in, so I obviously cannot have an ID that's corresponding to any ID in EspoCRM. Update works fine on eMail address, but creation always produces duplicate (and more ...) records. What's more, import ('create only') results state nothing imported, no duplicates, nothing updated ...

Could you please explain, which id I'm supposed to use?
            Kind Regards

Comment

Hi. I'm curious what field doesn't pass the duplicate check?
              If you import new records without filling ID in the Espocrm, then the system creates a new unique ID for each new record. Perhaps your script also tries to migrate the IDs values, but because of some reason, such values of the new entries are equaled to the same IDs from the previous portion.
              Please check it.
              BTW, if it is an entity like a Contact/Lead then the system also proceeds a duplicate check by an email address.
              If you will not find a reason what causes this situation, then as the workaround you may try to rewrite a system logic to omit the duplicate check for the desired entity.
              Last edited by Maximus; 06-24-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X