X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mention e-mail notification sent for admins but not users

Hello!

I have a strange situation, I have enabled
    Administration -> Notifications -> Send email notifications about mentions in posts.

For example :
    With Admin1 When I mention Admin2 somewhere with "@admin2 hello" Admin2 receive an e-mail notification that's OK

But when I do the same test with user1 or another non admin user, the notification e-mail isn't sent but the notification appear on the dashboard counter (I didn't open the details of the notifications on the dashboard because I know that if you open the notifications they may not sent by email.)

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks for your help
    Swen

Hi,
    please check:
    1. whether the user1 has defined email address in his profile.
    2. user1 detail view -> preferences -> Email notifications about mentions in posts.
    3. EspoCRM log file for the possible send email errors.

If everything is correct, please provide your EspoCRM version and the way you are mentioning a regular user in post. I will try to reproduce.

Comment

Hi,

1. Yes all users have an email address on their profiles [Verified]
      2. Email notification about mentions in posts already enabled [Verified]
      3. No mention or sending related errors in logs

I send you the permissions of the role to which the user user1 belongs to reproduce the bug

I'am on EspoCRM Version 5.8.5

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi,
        I've noticed that in the role your user1 has an access to the Stream scope with level 'team'. In your case it means that the user1 will get the email notification about the mention in a post if this record is assigned to this user's team.

Comment

Here is a summary of the situation:

Admin makes a mention for @user1 in the client account "clientX".

"clientX" is assigned to team "ABC" and user "user2".

after 10 minutes

"user1" didn't get any notification e-mail but get the admin's mention notification in his dashboard.

Comment

Please check the general system SMTP settings (Administration -> General Outbound). Are they configured and working well?

Comment

You're talking about "Administration > Outbound Emails" ? Yes of course! We use it everyday, and remember mention emails is working between admins

Comment

There is no any check in the code, that could make email notifications not being sent to regular users, but sent to admin user. It's weird. Maybe notifications are blocked by users IMAP server?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4352.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	58079 I redid some tests, now I don't receive any more mentions even in admin from another admin, and I still receive the notifications of assignment of offers.

I found this error in the logs :

[2020-05-01 04:27:16] Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception PDOException: "SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction" at /mnt/espocrm/application/Espo/Core/CronManager.php line 269 {"exception":"[object] (PDOException(code: 40001): SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction at /mnt/espocrm/application/Espo/Core/CronManager.php:269)"} []

Concerning the mail server until today I used mailjet.com to send all the e-mails (with espocrm but also with other softwares, I have an account with them that allows me to see everything that is sent, and blocked, bounces e.t.c).

But for the test I have installed postal mail server and configured the smtp account of espocrm to use it, you can see the bidding emails, but not the mentions in my screenshots.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by irideso; 05-01-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by irideso View Post

Concerning the mail server until today I used mailjet.com to send all the e-mails (with espocrm but also with other softwares, I have an account with them that allows me to see everything that is sent, and blocked, bounces e.t.c).
                    I see you're quoting MailJet too. I have a question:
                    Is the problem solved?
                    If so, use a PieSync type connector or does it work directly using Mailjet?
                    Because I'm looking for a reliable emailing solution (other than Mailchimp) that works properly with EspoCRM.

Thank you

Comment

• irideso
                      irideso commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't use mailjet, they were bought out and since then it's crap.
                      I use sendinblue and it works well.
                  Working...
                  X