Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Script task and Task in BPM

Hello.

I'm not sure what the differences are between a Script Task and a Task in BPM.
    Task has different options. You can update the Target record or create or update related records and so on.

It's clear that in a script you can't update anything in the database. You can only calculate.

I have been using Task and inside it the Update target record option every time I needed to do calculations even if I did not update anything in the database.

I have been recommended to use Task Script instead.

When I went to replace the Task with Script Task, I saw that the code contains instructions with this form.

$someField = FieldInTheDataBase;

Although I don't update the database, I use in the calculations often fields from the database.

And my doubt is, inside a task script
    Can I use references to database fields like that example?
    Can be used other fields from related different entities like in entity.field?
    Can I use all the formulas that retrieve information from the database, for example record\findOne?

Thank you very much.

Hi,

You can use Script Task for updating the target record, but the more proper way is to use Task > Update Target Record.

You can't update related records in Script Task. Use Task > Update Related Record.

You can use formula that accesses the database.

Comment

Thanks for your fast response

Comment

Working...
      X