Linking to drop down field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to drop down field

Hello... Sorry, I missed 3 hours of thinking and don't know ho to deal with the logic.
    Let's say, I have "Account", inside I have as "field" for drop-down ranking list.
    Is there any chance for example to take "Opportunities" and to make inside the "field" with linking to this dropdown list field from Account?
    Mainly all linking between Entities are lead to main name of other Entity only. I can't find any solution to make link to the not the main field.
    I also can't find the logic - for example the logic of linking to contacts allows to display both fields "Name" and "Surname" together, meanwhile this logic is inside and not editable.
    Sorry, I'm off of main programming and with standard setup interface don't know how to do. Is it really possible?

I made the new entity and put inside the list, so I put all my ranks. Now I can have connection easily for the "accounts". But now new problem - I need also the same info in "opportunities" tooked from account field and not as new. So anyway I return to the situation that I can't link to any daughter field from account....

Comment

Look like you want to do two thing.
      1) Drop down menu from Accounts (One-to-Many relationship > Foreign Field)
      2) "Full Name" field (Formula - String Concentrated)

Please see this thread:
      Hi, I want to get contact details from opportunity report. The contact data has to be fetch from related account. ex, Let say Opportunity only have opportunity name, account and the report should fetch contact details from the account. Opp table =========== Opportunity Name | New business Account | Helman Contact table

Hello All! Im trying to auto create a amazon url. For example I want https://amazon.com/dp/[[AMAZON ASIN]]. This would look something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQ24C67. However I can't seem to get it to concatenate. the field Im trying to store the value to is "url" and the ASIN is store in

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
        Look like you want to do two thing.
        1) Drop down menu from Accounts (One-to-Many relationship > Foreign Field)
        2) "Full Name" field (Formula - String Concentrated)

Please see this thread:
        Hi, I want to get contact details from opportunity report. The contact data has to be fetch from related account. ex, Let say Opportunity only have opportunity name, account and the report should fetch contact details from the account. Opp table =========== Opportunity Name | New business Account | Helman Contact table

https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...on-not-working
        I want to take any field but not the "name" in the account and to display it in the field of "opportunities" as example, as link. Any relationship allows only "name" as main field displaying...
        I didn't understand it:
        2. Create a few foreign fields for Account to fetch data from related Contact.
        3. Use foreign fields in the report.

Can you explain better? Or I will explain better with pics what I want...

Comment

Originally posted by pbt View Post

I want to take any field but not the "name" in the account and to display it in the field of "opportunities" as example, as link. Any relationship allows only "name" as main field displaying...
          I didn't understand it:
          2. Create a few foreign fields for Account to fetch data from related Contact.
          3. Use foreign fields in the report.

Can you explain better? Or I will explain better with pics what I want...
          Yes, draw a picture with example of what you want it to look like, it would help because now I'm not sure if what you asking is. I don't think you can make edit/change within Opportunities.

Here is a quick example:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Foreign Field example.png
Views:	313
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	56871
          Last edited by espcrm; 03-17-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X