Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating related, related entities in BPM

Hi, I am after some ideas / advice.

Our business is similar to that of the ESPO hosting guys. We sell a product for 12 month subscription periods. We model this in the CRM so that we have an Opportunity to represent the first piece of business. When the customer signs, and we close off the first Opportunity we need to run some code that creates the Opportunity for the next years' renewal. This is the easy bit. The tricky bit is that when we automatically create that renewal, we also want some tasks on it to chase the customer etc. etc.

We currently do with this the old Workflows and have a fudge. The new Opportunity is created in a special state, this special state triggers another Workflow to run that creates the Tasks. I am looking for something cleaner and more obvious to the maintainer. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Hi,
    I think BPM is really the best way to do this. Please take a look at the screenshots.
    Attached Files

Comment

Filling 'parentName' is not needed. Only 'parentId' and 'parentType' are needed.

It's also possible to add sub-process and use created Opportunity as a target record of this sub-process. Then it will be possible to create Task related to that Opportunity w/o writing any formula script.

Comment

Oooo, that is very slick, and very powerful, I will look further. Thanks

I really like the sub-process method too; the ability to switch the target in the sub-process gives a lot of flexibility.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X