Add some information in the sidebar for the events “calls” and “meetings”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add some information in the sidebar for the events “calls” and “meetings”

Please tell me how I can change (add) some information in the sidebar for the events “calls” and “meetings” on the tabs “actions” and “history”.
    - For example, add "status" as on the email record
    - Or part of the completed call description

Hi,
    Open this file /client/modules/crm/src/views/record/panels/activities.js and find the code:
    Code:
    defaultListLayout: {
        rows: [
            [
                {name: 'ico', view: 'crm:views/fields/ico'},
                {name: 'name', link: true}
            ],
            [
                {name: 'assignedUser'},
                {name: 'dateStart'}
            ]
        ]
    },
    Add the {name: 'status'} to it as it shown below:
    Code:
    defaultListLayout: {
            [
            ],
            [
    [COLOR=#FF0000]            {name: 'status'},[/COLOR]
                {name: 'assignedUser'},
                {name: 'dateStart'}
            ]
        ]
    },
    After saving the file, do clear cache in Admnistration. After reload a web page. The status field should appear for the activities panel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maximus; 02-19-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! Everything works, you are the best!

Comment

How to add From field to email entries of history panel of Account?

I found client/modules/crm/src/views/record/panels/history.js with
        Code:
                listLayout: {
                    'Email': {
                            [
                            ],
                            [
                                {name: 'status'},
                                {name: 'dateSent'},
                                {name: 'hasAttachment', view: 'views/email/fields/has-attachment'}
                            ]
                        ]
                    },
                },
        I could remove some field and it removes field from the side panel.
        However, I can't figure how to add From field of e-mail.
        I could add 'parentType' and some other fields, but not From. I tried 'from', 'fromEmailAddress' etc.

More common question - is it possible to get a list of all available fields for some entity in js console?
        Last edited by Stanson; 06-29-2020, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to add these code in a custom view so it upgrade safe?

Comment

Hi Stanson,
            I don't know how to help you to add the 'From' field to the History scope. It requires a more tricky way. Please create a correspondent topic with your question in the developer help branch here https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/developer-help. I believe you will get some help there.

Comment

UPDATE: It show on activities.js but not under "History", for History it only show Status but not other field.

Finally got around to adding Status field in the side panel, it seem like that it can only do Default field? There no issue with adding the e-num field "status", it show there.

But when I try adding any other enum field it doesn't work at all. For example I have two more enum field, one is call "type" (option: Call, SMS), another is "direction" (option: inbound, outbound).

Adding both these doesn't do anything. Initially I thought, maybe there is not enough space and field is limited so I remove "assignedUser", but that not the case either.

My conclusion is that it only accept certain type of field, we need to find some other code to add new custom field for us to enable it.

tag: sidepanel
            Last edited by espcrm; 08-10-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
              UPDATE: It show on activities.js but not under "History", for History it only show Status but not other field.

Finally got around to adding Status field in the side panel, it seem like that it can only do Default field? There no issue with adding the e-num field "status", it show there.

But when I try adding any other enum field it doesn't work at all. For example I have two more enum field, one is call "type" (option: Call, SMS), another is "direction" (option: inbound, outbound).

Adding both these doesn't do anything. Initially I thought, maybe there is not enough space and field is limited so I remove "assignedUser", but that not the case either.

My conclusion is that it only accept certain type of field, we need to find some other code to add new custom field for us to enable it.

What "some other code" do you mean?

Comment

It mean we need to update more code, but I don't know where or how.

Comment

It mean we need to update more code, but I don't know where or how.
                  Oh, sorry. Got it.

Comment

I would like to share my observation with you. I have tried other CRMs, and almost everywhere there is no such possibility. Can you imagine? Even in such a huge company as sales force they did not think of this. I don’t understand what does a salesforce developer do, even if they cannot do such simple things.

Comment

I confirm!
                      if you add an Enum​ field type in the sidebar, the panel displays only the default value.
                      if anyone knows the solution tell me how to solve this problem​

Comment

Working...
                      X