Percentage Calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percentage Calculation

Hello All. I have been working on this all day but cant seem to get it figured out. I need to get the percentage between 2 numbers. For example This is for calculating the percentage of a budget that has been used.

usedamount = (amountUsedConverted/totalBudgetAmountConverted)*100;

does anyone have experience with this formula?

Thanks

I think you have to use "usedAmount" instead of "usedamount"

Comment

Comment

Hi Dustin,
        could you tell what is the type of the 'usedamount' field. Is it a currency? Basically your formula looks correct, but also you have to make sure that you are not trying to divide by 0. Check the logs file whether there is no error description that applies to your issue.

Comment

It's a varchar field as its suppose to generate a percentage. Should I still use currency field here?

Comment

you have to use float type not varchar, or if formula has numberToStr function then you can use it

Comment

Thanks Eymen. I updated to Float but still not luck. Here is my current formula. https://prnt.sc/r3nlgw and here are the fields in the entity. https://prnt.sc/r3nlnj

Comment

can you send me your custom folder as zip file, will be better eymen@eblasoft.com.tr
                Last edited by eymen.elkum; 02-14-2024, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I've never done that before. How would I go about that?

Comment

• eymen.elkum
                    eymen.elkum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    just email me,

I'd rather keep all communication here so others in the future have a thread to learn how to do what Im doing. Im happy to provide a link to a zip folder here if you want to tell me how.

Comment

• eymen.elkum
                    eymen.elkum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    you can make custom.zip and upload to any public storage, then I or anyone can help you, and of course will post the solution here,
                Working...
                X