Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Email Embarrassment

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone had this issue or can provide ideas why this issue occurs:

We send out a mass email campaign with a template that has inserted parameters (placeholders).

Only the {person.name} was inserted/replaced correctly. All other placeholders such as:

{Contact.assignedUserName}
    {Contact.firstName}
    {Contact.account.name
    {Account.name}
    {Contact.name}

Are NOT replaced ... causing quite an embarrassment with our subscribers

We have previously tested it and it worked, but it seems now after endless testing, upgrading and trying different things, any placeholder references (except "person.") is non-functional in mass emails.

PLEASE HELP!

It also happens to me with user notifications

Comment

What version are you on?

Comment

Hello,
        please open the email template code view and check whether your placeholders are not broken. Placeholders may be affected and broken upon email template upgrading.

Comment

Hi,
          Thank you for your repsonses.
          I had the hope that upgrading would elimite the issue, but after running all available upgrades on a test system, I still had the same issue.

To eliminate more factors, I have created a new template, added the placeholder via the insert feature, checked the code and send a test email. Please see the results below. As you can see, only "person." works. I have also tested {todays date} which works, but placeholders of any other Entity are not being replaced.

Comment

{Account.name} won't work if you are sending to Contact. You need to use {Contact.account.name} instead. Are your targets represented as Contacts in target list?

You can also use placeholders like {Person.anyContactField}. Replace anyContactField with field name from contact.
            Last edited by yuri; 02-12-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Hello Yurikuzn,

Thank you for clarifying how Espo takes its reference.
              The reason it did not work was that while testing I was sending the test to my user, which is not a Contact, but a "Person." and during our mass email, it was sent to Contacts, but we used "Account." as a reference. I now sent the test as a contact and all "contact." references were replaced correctly.

I learned something new, Thanks to everyone for the help, really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X