Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent worklfows from looping

Hi,
    I have 4 workflows, each of them are triggered by a change in a field and all 4 are correlated. These workflows basically calculate prices with/without VAT and unit prices (example of one of these workflows: https://gyazo.com/5497d18a1d9f4bc2d1f966375f6d01d3) And I want to make it so if I enter a unit price without VAT it would trigger a workflow that calculates the other 3 prices an so on. The problem is with the conditions, the best I could think of is triggering the workflow when that field is changed, but the problem is that the workflow itself changes the other 3 fields and these changes trigger the other workflows. Any suggestions how to check or make this operation not loop would be appreciated.

i have the same problem, i want that the trigger just work 1 time in the lead, but by system pattern, the triggers aways work creating the same activity a lot of times

Comment

Hello,
      it is always better to provide your workflows settings screenshots to let community investigate them and give you suggestions.
      Mark, you don't need to create a lot of separated Actions in Workflow. To Update Target Record you can include them into one Action.

Comment

Follow a print of the workflow config

Comment

You can try to add a formula condition:

Code:
          modifiedById != 'system'
          I didn't test. Just an idea.

Comment

Note, That a workflow can't trigger self directly. There's a mechanism preventing such a looping. But one workflow can trigger another, then another workflow can trigger the first one.

Comment

Working...
            X