align documentation resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• align documentation resources

We have EspoCRM documentation on the website, on the forum, in github and in 2 different knowledgebases (cloud and customer portal)

I would suggest to also provide access to these portals at least for the tips sections.

Thank you for considering.

Yes, documentation needs to be consolidated. I think a mediawiki-like subsite (like wikipedia, but for espo documentation) or something like that is the way since it allows users to integrate additional information.github wiki editing is a bit clunky imho.

Comment

Here how I think it why it like this:

Documentation seem to be the final version, professionally done and with the intention to be use as a manual.

Forum are forum, small idea, discussion and solution and it allow user such as ourselves to contribute but we never really put it in guide. The search function is quite difficult too. Can never find the thing I want and scare I be make a double (or triple post) of already resolve and answer question.

The Github seem to be work in progress documents and it is much more technical and hidden away feature that is not ready for the general consumption?

Don't know about the Knowledge Database but that sound like a "pay to use feature" which is intended for paying customer. Cannot be change but can be release for Public Domain once in a few cycle(?).

I suppose all the Wiki will be doing is allowing us user to make contribution to it, but I never like the Wiki I.P tracking system when I want to make a small edit. I just don't think the Developer will be organizing the Wiki due to time restraint, and if they make any update it will be to the Git, I guess we can just copy/paste the details over but that just double data entry. There should be a way to automate the progress then it might be feasible.

How does other CRM do it? Do they have the same situation as Espo? Document and information everywhere? Or they have a single consensus where, if I want to learn how or read about something I just go here: __________

Comment

• tothewine
        tothewine commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't Knowledge Base just the EspoCRM feature described here? https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...nowledge-base/

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, that how it is being use. But we lock down our system for staff only so Knowledge Database won't be accessible for public in most cases.

So in the end we using it for documentation. As for Knowledge Database of the official EspoCRM team, from screenshot that I seen on the forum there is Ticket/Knowledge system for paying customer (e.g. Sales/Advanced pack)

JFYI, github documentation is the same as documentation on the website but in *dev* stage. It's actual for the the upcoming version.

Comment

a proper utopy would be having this level of documentation :P

Comment

Working...
        X