Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activities - Contacts

Hi

When looking at a contact we have noticed that its not showing the Call activities assigned. This maybe due to a custom Contact field we have created

Can you let me know where Activities looks to get all the Meetings/Calls from.

Thank you in advance

MATO

Hello,
    According to the EspoCRM logic, on the Activities panel represent meetings and calls with the "Planned" status only. "Held" and "Not Held" status are represented on the History panel. I doubt that custom field could affect this. It rather your custom status option for Calls. Check it please.

Comment

Hi Maximus

If we use - Add Contact within the side bar we can see the Activity when set to Planned.

Our Users wanted the Contact within the main body of any new Call for ease of use.

When using Layout Manager/Calls we don't have the option to assign Contacts to the main field so we had to create our own version and this has created a new folder tree in the database called
      Call_Contact1

Now my guess is that Activities is looking in Call_Contact.

Can we assign Call_Contact1 to Activities or is there away to add the correct Contact into the main body of Calls moving forward and if so what would we need to do to place all existing calls into Call_Contacts.

Hopefully that is not to confusing.

Many thanks for your help.

MATO

Comment

You have a relation between the contacts and calls via a parent field. So you don't need to create a new relation to link those entities. If you don't need to have in the parent field a list of entities as Account, Meeting, etc. you can go Administration -> Entity Manager -> Calls -> fields -> parent -> delete all undemanded entities from the 'Entity List' field.

Comment

Hi Maximus

Thank you for the quick answer.

I think the quickest way for me to resolve this would be to get the contacts field available in the layout manager - Calls >> Details - Available Fields.

At present we do not have Contacts available, How can we add the Contacts field ?

Thank you in advance

MATO

Attached Files

Comment

>I think the quickest way for me to resolve this would be to get the contacts field available in the layout manager - Calls >> Details - Available Fields.
            Even if you will create a new many-to-many relationship and add the Contacts field to the layout, its records will not be available in the Activity panel. You need to rewrite a code to make it works.

Comment

I did find away to make it work by using the Parent field and only allowing Contacts to be chosen by removing "accounts,leads,tasks"

Happy Users again

Thank you for your help Maximus

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                You have a relation between the contacts and calls via a parent field. So you don't need to create a new relation to link those entities. If you don't need to have in the parent field a list of entities as Account, Meeting, myfedloan.org etc. you can go Administration -> Entity Manager -> Calls -> fields -> parent -> delete all undemanded entities from the 'Entity List' field.
                Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!
                Last edited by Benjamin927; 12-18-2019, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X