Using formula to set field value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using formula to set field value

Im trying to understand how to set a field value.. going to formula i try the following to set the address field value :
    Contact\'addressStreet' = 'test';

can someone help me with the correct syntax please ?
    Thank you in advance.

Hello,
    you just need to write this in formula:
    Code:
    addressStreet = 'test'

Comment

Thank you for the reply Maximus - Much appreciated.
      And again - sorry for the simple questions, but there is no knowledge documents found anywhere to learn this stuff :/

Comment

Sorry to say that the addressStreet = 'test' Didnt work :/ tired addressStreet = 'test'; - tried addressStreet = "test" and also addressStreet = '"test"; --> none of these systex variation worked - the field value stays on none (or on the value it was set before if set) and does not change with the formula code as expected.
        Any advice would be appreciated (im working on the trail server from espocrm itself)

Comment

Ho! It works when creating a new contact!! , i was expecting it to fire every time it loads a record but i guess its only for new items created..

Comment

Hi,

For existing contacts you can do "Recalculate formula" with selecting the contact records that you want to update.
            Cheers!
            Nishan.

Comment

> but there is no knowledge documents found anywhere to learn this stuff :/
              Here is the formula documentation https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ion/formula.md.

Comment

Thank you both - very helpful!

Comment

Working...
                X