Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sort filtered e-mail messages by date sent failed in version 5.7.6

Hello there,

after upgrading to the current version 5.7.6 filtered email messages aren't longer sorted by 'date sent'.

procedure:
    1. Loading the e-mail interface shows all messages in the inbox folder sorted by 'date sent'
    2. After typing a seach word in the search line (e.g. name) all filtered emails are shown, but not anymore sorted by the 'date sent'.

I can't really see that's its sorted by any other column like 'subject', 'name' or whatever.

Has anyone an idea where I can change this or is this

Many thanks for your comments/ideas!

Michael

Hello,
    This issue applies to Full-text search. Full-text search helps to make a fast search of requested data in a big bounch of data. But full-text doesn't support orderBy. Simple search works slower but it doesn't have such issue. You can disable Full-text search in Administration -> Entity Manager -> Email -> Edit -> Full-text search. After, you should make a rebuild.
    If you have tons of emails I don't suggest you to use a simple search cause a searching process may spend a lot of time. For big data I suggest you to use Full-text search. Also, you can use the "Date sent" filter with Full-text search to make it more effective.

Comment

Will be sorted by Date Sent in the next version. But performance will be worse. MySQL is not good with full-text search combined with another order.

Comment

Hello,

many thanks for your both answers (Maximus).
        Disabling the Full-text search function was the rescue.

Comment

Working...
        X