Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow to assign cases to teams

Hello!

I'm trying to to set up a system where incoming cases are automatically distributed between two teams working in our company.
    Incoming case will always contain standard form in Description field:
    Description
    ----- Support request automatic generated mail -----
    Case type: Firewall
    Case issue: Connect
    Username:
    Subject: TEST Please ignore
    So goal is simple - IF string Description contains 'Latvia' THEN assign to 'teamLatvia' ELSE assign to 'teamLithuania'.

So far I've come up with this:

Code:
    ifThenElse(
      string\contains(description, 'Latvia'),
      assignedTeamId = 'teamLatvia'; status = 'Assigned'
      ifThen(
          string\contains(description, 'Lithuania'),
          assignedTeamId = 'teamLithuania'; status = 'Assigned'
          )
    );
    Question 1: how do I figure out Team ID? It's not listed when opening team page. Also that "assignedTeamId" is just my improvisation, based on example here - https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...ation/formula/. Checked around Administration page, but didn't see anything named Environmental Variables or similar.
    Question 2: if values are assigned in IF (which is in Conditions section), do I need to add anything in Actions section?
    Question 3: am I identifying field Description correctly - without any quotation marks or anything?

It would help if there was a way to test this without actually creating new case each time - some kind of preview option, to see Syntax + how many entities would be affected. Something like Powershell -whatif argument, so I can do my tests first and only then set Workflow to Active.

Any help appreciated!

Hello,
    1. Open a detail view of your team and take a look at the URL string (e.g. http://localhost/espocrm/#Team/view/52bd3ee937361). 52bd3ee937361 is the team ID.
    2. W/o action, the 'IF' statement doesn't make sense.
    3. Identifying of the DescriptionIt field looks correctly.
    I think you need to rewrite your formula, because it will never execute this part of the formula:
    Code:
    ifThen(
        string\contains(description, 'Lithuania'),
        assignedTeamId = 'teamLithuania'; status = 'Assigned'      
    )
    Last edited by Maximus; 10-29-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clarification!

Right now I'm going for working concept, so I set it up like this, ignoring second team (after all, I can create another workflow for that):

Workflow trigger type: After record created;
      Active: checked.

Condition:
      Code:
      ifThen(
        string\contains(description, 'Latvia'),
        teamsIds = '5c263ed135b555052';
      );
      Action:
      Code:
      Apply Assignment Rule
      Assignment Rule
      Round-Robin
      Target Team
      [URL="https://my.nodbaltic.com/#Team/view/5c263ed135b555052"]LV NOD[/URL]
      Target User Position
      --All--
      It didn't work on the first run, because my imagined "assignedTeamId" was wrong - I missed the part that I can insert attributes from system and don't have to guess them.

Question: This setup assigns Case to user from correct team, but the team remains default. Is there a way how to assign it to Team itself, instead of user?

Comment

You can avoid using Workflow and use Formula to achieve what you want. For example, add this Formula for the demanded entity:
        Code:
        ifThen(
          entity\isNew() && string\contains(description, 'Latvia'),
          entity\addLinkMultipleId('teams', '52bd3ee937361');
          status = 'Assigned'
        );

ifThen(
          entity\isNew() && string\contains(description, 'Lithuania'),
          entity\addLinkMultipleId('teams', '52c553e73f0f8');
          status = 'Assigned'
        );
        Note: set correct teamsIds for the 'Lithuania'.
        As you can see I have used the entity\addLinkMultipleId function to add team Id to this field.
        This formula should be executed if you will create a new record and before you press save the 'description field will contain Latvia or Lithuania

Comment

Working...
        X