Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Export contacts that belong to customers of a certain type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export contacts that belong to customers of a certain type?

Hi, folks, I am just trying to find out how to do this.

I want to send a letter to some hundred people and need to export contacts - first and last name, including street, zip, city.

The addresses are there, but.... I cannot select these contacts by type of company. In our list of companies we have customers, prospects and suppliers.

How do I query my contacts in a way that I only get the contacts in companies of type Customers?

Hi,
    in the Contact list view you can utilize 'Primary Account Title' filter. Filter the records, then select and export them.

Comment

Thanks, I found something similar in the setup: I added "Account Type" to the search list, and now I get what I want. Thank you.

Comment

Addendum: no, not really.

I go to Contacts and search for all that are "Customer" in a field named Type.

So, I get a list of all contacts in companies that are our customers.

Now I want to narrow this down. There are customers that we cannot contact directly because a dealer is involved. We have a field in Company that we call "Do not contact directly".

First problem: I cannot make this field visible in the search filter in Contacts. I could add the Type field but not this one.

So, I tried a workaround: in the Contact Lists, I searched for the companies that are customers and can be contacted directly and created a new list.

Then I looked into Contacts and search for all that are "Customer" and are in the new list.

This does not work either because the search would look for Contacts that are in the New List, but there are only companies.

How can I make this work? Search for contacts within companies with two different properties?

Comment

> I cannot make this field visible in the search filter in Contacts.
          Make a foreign type field and link it to the desired one. Add this field to the search filter.

Comment

Well, I tried this but I'm afraid I don't understand it.
            I can create a foreign field in Accounts, but I can only link it to "Created By", "Modified By", "Assigned To". I don't know what to do with this.
            I can create a foreign field in Contacts and link it to "Account (Primary)" and put it into the Layout.

But this is not what I want to do. I want ALL contacts linked to an account to have the same property: "Do not contact".

Comment

> Well, I tried this but I'm afraid I don't understand it.
              Please follow this:
              1. In the Account entity create a new field of the boolean type and call it for example 'Do not contact' (do this if you still don't have such field).
              2. Add the 'Do not contact' field to the Account entity layout in the Administration -> Layout Manager.
              3. In the Contact entity create a new field of the foreign type and call it for example 'Account do not contact' (see attachment). You don't even should to add it into the layout).
              4. Add the 'Account do not contact' to the search filter in the Administration -> Layout Manager.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X