Portal role overrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal role overrule

I have a portal that my users can access but only for information. They can't change anything as dictated by the role they have assigned.
    The role can only view their own info, can't create, edit or delete. So only view.

Now, I have two fields that I would like them to edit, so I made a exception on those 2 fields. But it doesn't work. The 'Read' and 'Edit' are both selected in the bottom of the role manager.

Is it not possible for fields to overrule the general settings?

You need to allow edit (scope level) and disallow edit for every field (field-level) except 2.

Comment

Could it be possible to do it the other way around? Maybe with a setting to toggle the field setting as being top priority. Scope should be a generel setting and then you can fine tune with per-field afterwards.

Comment

I have just added a new portal and have also found that by default all fields are read/write if not defined.
        I would like control this differently.

1) If no fields are specified then all are read/write as they are currently
        2) If any fields are specified then any that are not specified should not be able to be read or updated.

I think this would be a good option as a choice on the role.

Is there a way to override the default behaviour or is it a significant change?

Comment

Working...
        X