Respond to Account in a CASE by email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respond to Account in a CASE by email

At this time our support departement gets cases assigned, which are coming from emails. (We have blocked their incoming emails, so they only see the CASES.) To respond to a CASE, they have to 'click' the ACCOUNT (or CONTACT) in the CASE, click the email address and then choose a CASE as PARENT.

I have searched for an option to have a REPLY-button of the case-email in the DETAILS of the CASE. So, then we only have to click one link to respond to the sender (and the email is automatically attached to the case and account/contact). I can not find a way to get this done, neither can I find a solution on the forum... Am I missing something, as I suppose more users (should) have this issue..?

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by Bill; 08-21-2019, 05:08 PM.

Hello,
    firstly you have to add the email address field into the Case layout. For this please do:
    1. copy the Case.json from espocrm/application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/ into the espocrm/custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs directory.
    2. add the 'emailAddress' field into the Case.json file:
    Code:
    "emailAddress": {
                "type": "email",
                "isPersonalData": true
    },
    3. Make rebuild.
    4. Add the 'emailAddress' field into the Case.json detail view.

To set the emailAddress parameter with the address of the sender you can by utilizing workflow or hook.
    https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...ion/workflows/.
    https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...lopment/hooks/.

Comment

Thank you! Gave the info to the developer here... We'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        Hello,
        firstly you have to add the email address field into the Case layout. For this please do:
        1. copy the Case.json from espocrm/application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/ into the espocrm/custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs directory.
        2. add the 'emailAddress' field into the Case.json file:
        Code:
        "emailAddress": {
        "type": "email",
        "isPersonalData": true
        },
        3. Make rebuild.
        4. Add the 'emailAddress' field into the Case.json detail view.

To set the emailAddress parameter with the address of the sender you can by utilizing workflow or hook.
        https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...ion/workflows/.
        https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...lopment/hooks/.
        Thank you for your offered solution, discussed it, but I will have my original post changed to 'Reply to an email in a CASE', my mistake...
        So what I think would be a good option is to have a button REPLY in a CASE (when there are emails in a case, which will be there 99% of the time...)

Comment

Hello,
          I have an idea that could be a good workaround. You just need to create two foreign fields in the Case entity (one the Account entity and one for the Contact entity). Select for those fields to fetch email address. After, you can add them into the Case entity layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            Hello,
            I have an idea that could be a good workaround. You just need to create two foreign fields in the Case entity (one the Account entity and one for the Contact entity). Select for those fields to fetch email address. After, you can add them into the Case entity layout.
            I think you are right, thank you! However, that would not reply to the email... At this time I think the workaround is: Open the case, Open the last email in the history of the case and reply to that email... Then all correct fields (parent) are filled and you can reply to the email (with the original email quoted).

However, in our company I would prefer not to have our staff having access to the emails, just to the cases... And therefor a REPLY button in the case (as probably for most of us, cases will consist of emails from customers <to support>). What we do now is have a filter for all staff where their support emails go into a folder <support> automatically, so they do not see/answer them. They answer to the email in the history of the case...

Anyway, above has been the best workaround, for us, for now...

Comment

Working...
            X