Update Function not working in Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Function not working in Import

Importing Data from CSV to Create new records works perfectly, the Update Function however does not, neither in "Update Only" or "Update and Create" Mode. In the "Update and Create" Mode the System only creates duplicates but does not seem to Update anything. The Checkboxes on "Update by" are set and no error logs are to be found. I don't understand what I am missing and I hope to find some help here. Thank you in advance.

System: Espo CRM 5.6.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS Private Server.

Hello.
    I have tested it and everything works good. Could you provide screenshots with a concept of reproducing this issue?

Comment

Hi running Version 5.6.14, when importing contacts it is not creating or updating Accounts based on Name. I'm pretty certain this used to work.

Comment

Hi,
        I have tried to reproduce. My settings for Import:
        Entity type -> Contacts
        What to do? -> Create & update.
        Update by -> Account name only.
        Import with the update was successful.
        Are my reproducing steps right?

Comment

Should update by not have the "email" ticked so that it matches by that?

Comment

'Update by' is the fields that should be matched to update the record. In my way, I used the contact record w/o defined email address and phone number. I have set update by the 'Account name' field only. After importing, the email address and phone number fields were filed with the proper data.

Comment

Hi Maximus, yes that works.
              but try importing the contacts again, Matching by email and change the account name. The account name does not change.
              Or import a fresh list of of co facts with account names, and the accounts won’t be created.

Comment

Just have tried to update by email address. Before the import I have changed Accounts to another one. After import to the existed account record in the accounts list field was added imported one. It means that import was succesfull.

Comment

Working...
                X