Email notifications not sent on Task Creation where Watch is enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email notifications not sent on Task Creation where Watch is enabled

It seems that email notifications are not sent on creation of a Task even though I have setup myself to watch all new tasks.

I am using version 5.5.6.

My preferences are setup as follows -

Auto-Follow = Tasks
    Auto-follow entity after posting in Stream = Enabled
    Auto-follow created records = Enabled
    Email notifications upon assignment = Enabled
    Email notifications about mentions in posts = Enabled
    Email notifications about posts and status updates = Enabled

My 1st assumption is that once somebody creates a new task that I will be notified about it as a default follower of all tasks. This doesn't happen but my assumption is that it should or is my assumption incorrect? I would have thought that if somebody wants to follow all tasks (or other events) then they would get a notification that a new task (or other event) has been generated?

Additionally I note that it seems to take the system about 3 minutes to for me to become a follower, i.e. it does not happen as soon as a task is saved. I can verify this when somebody saves a new task and then continuously refreshing the browser until the followers list is expanded. I don't know if this is part of the reason why a notification is not sent on creation?

So is there a bug or is this the correct operation of the system?

Additionally I note that Wysiwyg does not have a audit feature unlike the other types...is there a reason for this?

...plus when you set a Wysiwyg to required, you can still save it ok with no data in the form! This must be a bug?
    Attached Files
Working...
X